Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back on Track with Weight Watchers & Calling those HOGS

Last year about this same time I decided to try the Weight Watchers program and did really well on it.  However, since my vacation to the beach this past August, I fell completely "off" the wagon and indulged in a little lot of yummy food and occasional drink through the holidays.  Well, things have gotten so out of control with my eating habits (especially due to the holidays) that I must get back on track completely and stay on track for good.  I had a doctor's appt. last Wednesday night and told him my concerns with my health and so he decided to have my blood drawn on Friday morning of last week, which I did.  I go back to the dr. tonight for the results of those tests.  He is running a lot of tests on everything he can think of - i.e.  cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid among others and to be honest, I'm quite nervous as to what he might find even though I've never had any kind of health problems whatsoever.

I am only 5'3" and currently weigh 136.8 lbs. which is 20 lbs. too much for my short petite body frame - or at least for me being content in my own skin.  After all of these years and at my age, it is time I don't just start taking care of myself - it's time I continue to take care of myself as I age.  I'm no longer a "spring" chicken where I can just get back into shape quickly - it's definitely taking more time and a much slower pace for me to get where I want/need to be.

So... starting today, it is going to be Weight Watchers Wednesday every week so that I can keep track of my progress and hopefully, move forward from here.   I would like to put up pictures to show you the beginning all through the end until I get on lifetime maintenance with Weight Watchers - however, at this point in time I don't have the courage to do that - but maybe near the end I will show you the beginning photos.  Unfortunately, they are pretty sad. :(

On another note.... my beloved Hogs played the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl last night and the game was intense to say the least.  The first half really stunk as we were down 3 touchdowns almost going into half-time.  However, since our boys are really and have always been a second half team - they fought their way back and only ended the game with a 5 point deficit.  Much to our dismay, they could have actually won the game in the end but threw an interception which cost them the game, among other dropped passes, etc.... But... they did a great job and have never been in the Sugar Bowl before and we are a number 8 team playing a number 5 team so I'd say they fared pretty well myself and are VERY PROUD of my home team. :)

So how was your night?  Great, I hope! Thanks for stopping by to say hello and have a great day my peeps! :)

Lots of love and hugs,

4 comments:

  1. I'm only 5'3" and wish I only weighed 136#.... I have lost 50 though so I'm on my way.

    Good luck and I will be back to cheer you on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with WW, but I know you can do it!! I just started a boot camp type workout 3 mornings a week (at 5:30!) and it is kicking my tail! I'm sooo sore.

    We watched the game and were rooting for the Hogs. It was SO close - they almost did it! Mickey hates Ohio State so we really wanted them to win!!!

    Sorry I haven't been by much, I just haven't wanted to do much blogging. But I think of you lots. Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same height as you and with mobility problems thrown in I know how difficult loosing weight can be - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you!!! I'm back on the WW wagon starting Monday. Still splurging a little from my birthday celebrations. I think WW is the best plan since its flexible and can be continued long term. Can't wait to follow you on your journey. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends