Thursday, January 6, 2011

Menopause......at 42???!!!

Yep you read that right - menopause at my young age of 42. To be honest and to keep it real here, I really thought I had gone through menopause at the age of 28 when I had to have a complete hysterectomy due to Endometriosis. But nope, according to my doctor and blood test results I am definitely, in fact, going thru full fledged menopause. I have been miserable for the last 2 months with symptoms of menopause but really didn't think that's what it was. I have been on Hormone pills since the age of 28 and had hot flashes if I forgot to take my Estrogen but that was it.  This is what I feel like most days now - I thought these were very funny and so true to point:


Ha ha - see? I told you - funny! At least they were to me! HA!  So now, I am trying to figure out the best way to go thru this stage in my life and am even more determined to get healthy and stay there instead of this yo-yoing back and forth.

If there are any of you, my sweet readers who are my age or older and have gone thru menopause and have any suggestions to help me get thru this situation I would really appreciate any and all advice you can offer.

And thank you for all of the sweet and supportive comments yesterday regarding me being back on Weight Watchers.  It really means a lot to me and I know with the encouragement from you guys I will definitely be able to make it work this time around by sticking to the plan and going all the way through lifetime maintenance.  That is one reason I especially love the Weight Watchers plan - because I can eat REAL food and even get extra points to splurge during or at the end of each week if I so choose.  That will come in real handy when I am on my trip next weekend.  I can't wait to tell you all about that!

Well, have a great day and thanks for stopping by my dolls.  I must rush to get ready but I promise to catch up on your blogs again later today.  I am hoping it is much quieter  and I can actually "play" on blogs, etc.... LOL  P.S.  If anyone is on the Ipad or Itouch or Iphone and wants to play Words with Friends with me - look me up - my user name is Trac6893.  But be forewarned - I am truly awful and you will win most, if not all, games! LOL

Lots of love and hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Did they take your ovaries at 28? if so I don't understand how you can be going thru menopause... but I'm no doctor so who knows.

    I had a hysterectomy two months ago but kept my ovaries.. i am hoping to just pass thru menopause without knowing.. I can hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not there yet but would love for you to share any advice you get! I'm not looking forward to it due to the horror stories I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I have no advice and quite frankly I think me entire family is dreading me going through this. I'm the type to just start stripping when I'm hot. They'll be calling me the streaker, I'm sure. Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what Word With Friends is, but I have an iPad now so I'm gonna find out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went through puberty really early (10) and have been told I'm therefore likely to go through the menopause early. On medication for hot flushes for a while now, my hormone levels are all over the place so I could well be joining you soon. I loved the pictures by the way, very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends