Monday, August 31, 2015

Whew....Monday, Already?! Weekend Recap

Happy Monday my peeps!  How was your weekend? Awesome, I hope!  Mine was FAR from Awesome, but was a nice weekend off and on.  Friday night started out with the visitation for our co-worker who died a week ago today.  Saturday morning the hubby and I got up and started our normal house chores, etc., before we had to go to the funeral.  The funeral was on Saturday at 2 p.m. and then after that we went back to catch up and finish some more chores. It was a nice memorial for our co-worker and he will be greatly missed, but man am I so happy it's over - it's so hard attending these things.  On Sunday we got up early and started again around the house getting things done.  Since my daughter and her husband have moved to live with his family in Missouri, we needed to clean out their room and get their stuff packed up and in the garage so when they have time after the shower to come back and get their things, then they will all be ready for them.  Why does it seem like there is never enough hours in a day on the weekend to get things done but the weekdays just seem to DRAG by??!! Sheesh... is it just me???

After that, we left and ran some errands for me to try and gather the rest of the supplies and decorations needed for me to put on the baby shower this coming weekend.  I've still got one more stop to go to Hobby Lobby and then I should have everything I need - finally.  Then this Thursday night, the hubby and I are leaving and heading home for the weekend.  He will drop me off at my mom's and he will head on up to Little Rock to hang out with his brother while I put the final touches on the shower stuff.... cupcake baking, etc.... those sorts of things.  

Once the shower is over, we are just going to kind of "wing" it from there for the next 2 days and relax with friends and family before heading back home.  So.... how about your weekend?  What did you do this past weekend and what are your plans for the last summer weekend of the year?  I can't wait to hear all about it!  
Okay guys and dolls, have a fabulous Monday and please let me know you were here.  :)




Lots of love and hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Love From My Friends