Thursday, September 3, 2015

Happy Friday (er.... it's my Friday anyway)

I know, I know, it's not technically Friday, but....it is Friday for me as far as work goes.  My hubby and I spent last night packing up everything and getting stuff in order for our long drive tonight.  Not only did we have to pack for the weekend, but we had to pack up ALL of the baby shower stuff as well, plus lawn mower, tools, etc.  You see, we drive into Arkansas tonight and we will get in to mother's about 2 in the morning.  We will get up about 7 or 8 and we will unload the truck and he will head to the big city of Little Rock to pick up his brother and they will then head to our land in Mtn. Home to do some work on it. After that, they will drive back to Little Rock for the night and then on Saturday they will be headed to Fay-town for the BIG Game - that's right - it's FOOTBALL time and that means - RAZORBACK FOOTBALL season! WHOOP WHOOP!!!


The guys will be enjoying the big game, while us women folk tend to the baby shower for my daughter.  I'm thinking of going with something like this to keep it simple, but, I will have something besides the cake on that table, along with a longer table instead of the round:


I have been having fun pulling stuff together and can't wait to see it all completed and decorated for her.  It's also been a while since I've gotten to see a lot of my friends back home so I'm really looking forward to hanging out with all of them for a few hours as well as hanging out with my mama on Friday and Saturday too. :)

Sunday we have our best friend's son's 9th birthday party, which is also in Hot Springs.  I think we will then start making our way back to the Big State of Texas after that just so we can rest up on Monday before going back to work.  That drive isn't too long, but when you are our age, a long car drive can be cumbersome and very tiring, even if it is only 6-7 hours total from door to door.

Anyway, that's what's coming up for my holiday weekend - what do you and your family have planned? I can't wait to hear all about it, so please let me know you were here.  As you can expect, I will be away from the computer for a few days, but hope to catch up again on Monday or Tuesday morning of next week.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend my peeps and thanks for stopping by! 


Lots of love and hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Love From My Friends