Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day guys and dolls! How are you? Great, I hope! I wanted to take a quick minute to share these treats I made for the girls in my office - whatcha think? They are Red Velvet Cake Balls with Red sprinkles! :)
Anyway, thanks for stopping by to say hello. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and Romantic night! All I can say is TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, what the heck man??? Aren't we in Houston??!! And the top picture as you can see was where the ice was already starting to stick to the roads - IN 36 DEGREE TEMPS!!! This has been the craziest year for weather - not just here but all over the country. I think we've made Mother Nature mad at some point so she's messing with us! LOL What's the weather like where you are?
Happy Hump day and have a great day guys and dolls! :)
Happy Hump Day, guys and dolls! Hope you're having a great one so far! On to this week's link up... as usual I am linking up with my beautiful friend Becky from The Java Mama and the other ladies for this linky party. Please feel free to join in on the fun! :)
1. I will never outgrow… my mommy's hugs and phone calls. I miss her terribly and love hearing from her and seeing her any chance I get.
2. I splurge on… purses. I have tons of them and really do NOT need more. I keep telling myself if I just splurge on the EXPENSIVE and timeless ones like Louis Vuitton, Coach, Kate Spade, etc., that I will not need any others - however, that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well, a girl can never have too many purses, right? And shoes... never too many shoes either. :)
3. My worst habit is… my daily Starbuck's trip now. It has literally become a habit every morning on my way to work.
4. My passport represents… places I've been and where I am going. It will get 2 stamps this year alone and I can't wait! :)
5. My most ridiculous fear is… snakes AND drowning - those are my worst fears ever. I freak out over snakes and the thought of drowning makes me nuts to the core at times if I let it consume me and take over my thoughts.
6. My favorite thing to give is… little gifts that I know others will like and a sentiment card to go with it. Whether it be for their birthday or a just because. I love surprising others just for the heck of it.
So there you have it friends - come join in the fun with us this week! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to say hello!
Happy Monday peeps! How are you? How was your weekend? Great, I hope! Did you watch the Superbowl? We did. Hubby rooted for the Broncos and I rooted for the Seahawks. Glad the Seahawks won, but sad that it was such a blowout - was really looking forward to a good competition. The commercials weren't so hot this year either. I did enjoy the Budweiser puppy commercial, the peanuts commercial (before the Superbowl), the Doritos, Radio Shack and the Yogurt commercials, but those were it. They just really didn't have much of a good variety this year. And the Half-time show - WOW is all I can say - I personally love Bruno Mars and thought he did an AWESOME job. Hubby, however, wasn't too impressed - said he wasn't up there with the major superstars like Bruce Springstein, etc.
On Saturday hubby and I ran some errands around town and then made our way to Galveston for the afternoon. We wanted to check out the parking for an upcoming cruise we are taking in the future. The ship we will be on was actually in port that day too - so that was really cool to see:
We saw a few places around the terminal that looked good and were cheap for the week. It is MUCH cheaper to park at the terminal than at the airport - crazy! I'm talking like $45 for 5 days and $60 for 8 days! See, crazy, right?! :) While in Galveston, we also stopped by an old time five and dime drug store that was pretty neat. I forgot to get a picture of the sign, but here's one I found on the web:
And if my memory serves me right, this is what the sign outside actually looks like too. It is the oldest drug store in Texas and was pretty neat to see. It has an old timey soda shop with the counter and everything. It had some neat signs that I found along the way while inside (these were all in the women's bathroom) Some of them were pretty funny, I thought:
Also, I have a guy I graduated high school with who is a HUGE KISS fan and I came across this KISS clock and had to take a picture to post on Facebook just for him:
And they also had some really pretty Mardi Gras masks as well. They look kind of creepy, but I thought they were beautiful just the same:
Like I said, pretty neat little place. Wish we would have had time to sit at the counter and share an ice cream soda with 2 straws - maybe next time....
After that we headed to the Moody Mansion for a quick tour. Decided it was just as good of time as any to check out the place. We had already visited the Bishop's Mansion last year, so it was time for another. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the house, so these are some from their website, which you can find here:
On Sunday, it was cold and rainy so we just laid low and hung out at home with our pups for the day. We did a little cooking (preparing for Superbowl of course) but that was about it. Later on we laid on the couch in the living room watching the total blowout and my baby girl, Bella, decided she wanted to lay with her mama - she's a wee bit spoiled - can't you tell - she is a mama's girl all the way: :)
Well, that's about our weekend - how about you? What did you do? Anything fun? Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by to say hello. Let me know you were here so I can check out your weekend recap as well! :)