Monday, November 21, 2011

Job Changes and the Birthday Girl

Happy Monday morning everyone!  Hope you had an awesome weekend.  Ours was great here - started out with my beloved HOGS playing on Saturday and kicking MAJOR BUTT to catapult them into the Top 3 in the AP and BCS polls!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!  This Friday we play LSU and I think our boys are going to kick some MORE major bootie and I am looking forward to it!!! 

Today, I have started working in a totally new position here at my office and I am extremely excited and already feel like a major weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I decided to leave the paralegal position (which I sat at for 8 hours a day being bored out of my mind) and take a different position downstairs as a floater assistant.  Meaning, when an assistant is off on vacation, etc., I will be one of the ones filling their spot while they are gone.  I much prefer the assitant type of work as opposed to the paralegal work.  I LOATHED that position and am so happy that my firm chose to keep me and place me somewhere else instead! :)

And... today is my "baby" girl's 18th birthday and it makes me SO SAD!  She decided to go live with her biological dad (about an hour away) when she turned 18 and so this weekend she moved in down there - yesterday to be exact.  She wants to graduate from the same high school that her dad and I did among other family members.  I hated that she did it during the middle of her Senior Year but her dad wouldn't let her come live there until she turned 18 for some strange reason.  It was a very bittersweet weekend needless to say.  :(  But, she and I had a great time this weekend doing Christmas shopping among other things together.  Yesterday we went to Hot Springs and hung out with my mom, sister and niece and that was a lot of fun too.

So.... HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL!  I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY AND MISS YOU ALREADY!!

Well, thanks for stopping by to say hello and please let me know you were here.  Also, please fill me in on your upcoming Thanksgiving plans - I can't wait to hear all about that and how your weekends were.

Lots of love and hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new position. Happy birthday to the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about your assistant job. That's what I used to do. I don't know that I was especially good at it, but I enjoyed it.

    Happy Birthday to your birthday girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! she's a real beauty!

    happy birthday to her!
    glad to now you're enjoying your new position!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends