Friday, January 28, 2011

Driving Miss Daisy - Special Broadway Performance - Feb. 7th at 8 p.m.

Happy TGIF is all I can say! This has been a week from heck and I for one am so happy it's over. Between all of the snow we've gotten among other things this week it has just been crazy!!!  I hope that all of you have had a better week and are looking forward to another great weekend ahead. Which brings me to my next topic:

Ilana from American Pop contacted me a few days ago and asked if I would like to share with my readers the information for a special performance that is playing on Broadway February 7th at 8pm to benefit the Actors Fund.  Of course, I said YES - especially when I found out what it was!  It is "Driving Miss Daisy" and features the wonderful and talented James Earl Jones, Vanessa Redgrave and Boyd Gaines.  (I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE James Earl Jones - I think he is one extremely talented man who has given so much to his "art")  "Driving Miss Daisy tells the affecting story of the decades-long relationship between a stubborn Southern matriarch and her compassionate chauffeur." Variety said, "Redgrave and Jones are masters of their craft," and The New York Post called it, "a driving force of nature."  
 

This special showing is being held one night only and is playing at the Golden Theatre located at 252 West 45th Street in New York City.  The seat prices range from  $225 for the Premium seats and $66.50 - $126.50 for regular seating.  Also, it was just announced that this show is being dedicated to Vanessa Redgrave’s siblings, Lynn and Corin Redgrave who died last year.   "Both Lynn and Corin were staunch and gracious supporters of The Actors Fund as well as advocates for everyone dedicated to performing arts and entertainment.  Benefits from this February 7th show will go to support The Actors Fund and its longstanding commitment to help performers and those behind-the-scenes across the nation."

You can go here to read all of the press release and learn more about this very special showing on February 7th and here to purchase tickets today.

I personally plan to try and make this special showing or at least one of the other showings if possible.  This is one of my favorites and I would love nothing more than to see James Earl Jones in person!  Thank you, Ilana for bringing this to my attention and allowing me to share it with my readers.  I love spreading the word about exciting shows like this!

Well lovlies, thanks for stopping by to say hello and have a wonderfully blessed day! I am on my way to get ready for work and hoping that the roads aren't all covered in ice.  Have a great day and a wonderful weekend and please let me know you stopped by!

Lots of love and hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I love James Earl Jones!!!! I sure hope you get to make it to see the show!!! Driving Miss Daisy was a fabulous movie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends