Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sick Husband, Birthday and More Snow

Happy Saturday my friends. Thursday was a crazy day. It all started off nice and smooth but by the time I got to work my poor husband, who was off work came down sick with either a stomach bug or food poisoning - we don't know which. Either way he began by 9 am throwing up and having severe diarrhea and when he gets that way he usually ends up in the hospital.  Needless to say, I left work at 11:30 came home to him, threw him in the shower and then got him to the dr. all by 1:00 p.m.  He was still so sick he stayed in the bathroom for most of the entire hour they had us waiting before we could see the dr.  After the dr. finally came to see us, he gave him a shot and prescriptions and we were on our way home.  I took him home and got him to bed and then I ran to get things we needed and his meds filled. 

On Friday I went to work and our daughter stayed home with him just in case he needed anything or got really sick again.  Good thing too as we woke up to even MORE darn snow falling on Friday morning and I was really worried about the traveling part of things.  But, I was able to get to the place I needed to catch the bus with no worries and even got home in the afternoon within 45 minutes which says a LOT especially when it was snowing so much.  NYC and even NJ actually kept up with the roads and prepared them well before the snow began to fall so all of our roads were very clear thankfully.  Thankfully, the shot and the meds really seemed to help as he's been feeling much much better today. He even went to town with me to get some stuff taken care of.

Also, since I haven't been sleeping well the last 2 months, when I went to the dr. for my blood tests results he gave me a prescription for Ambien sleeping pills.  He told me to take one on Friday night to see how it would affect me before I began taking them during the week.  Well, needless to say, I took it at 8 p.m. last night and finally went to bed around 10 p.m.   I slept all the way until 11 a.m. this morning and had a really hard time getting out of bed.  I don't think this is something I can take during the week or I will never make it to work on time.  I bought some Advil PM and will try taking that each night to see if it will help.  Do any of you take any kind of sleeping pills like Advil or Tylenol PM to help you sleep at night?  I even have begun drinking hot tea (thanks to my good friend, Ellen, who got me started on it) to help me try and rest and sleep at night.  I don't see that it's really helping the sleeping part but it definitely is a nice treat in the evenings before bed.

On another note, I wanted to give a shout out to my baby sister who just turned 39 on Thursday and I didn't get the post up in time.  She is 4 years younger than me and one of, if not my very bestest, friend ever.  I love her and miss her terribly and hope that we get to move back home or closer to her and the rest of my family in the near future so we can spend more time together.  I miss her terribly.  Without further adieu - here is a picture of my beautiful sweet baby sister so you can see what I mean:
See, I told ya - she's BEEEAAAUUTTTIFFFULLLL right?! :)  Anyway, Happy birthday, little sis - I love you and can't wait to see you very very soon! 

Well my friends, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend thus far.  Thanks for stopping by to say hello and have a great rest of the day!

Lots of love and hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Not a fun way to end the week at all. Hope hubby is feeling better and everyone else is well. Hope your sister, who shares my birthday but I'm not 39, had as wonderful a day as I did!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends