Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year and Year in Review

Happy New Year my peeps!  Hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve.  Hubby and I participated in our "normal" annual New Year's Eve ritual - we went to an early dinner, had dinner and drinks and then came home and put on our pj's and snuggled up watching tv until the ball dropped.  We are REAL party animals, can't you tell?! HA! :)  This year I am joining in with Nicole from Three 31 and others on their Year in Review linky party.  You can go here to play along too! :)  Nicole was great enough to provide the prompts, so all we have to do is provide the answers.  So.... without further adieu - here are mine:

What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?  Husby and I went with our best friends on a cruise at the end of September and went zip lining through the rain forest of Belize - IT.WAS.AWESOME!!!  We have been on many cruises before, but never zip lining.  I can now mark that one off my bucket list. :)

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions? Will you make more in 2015?  I didn't make any resolutions, and probably won't again this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth?  Yes, my brother and his wife gave birth to a handsome baby boy who just happened to be born on my birthday - talk about an excellent birthday gift...a new nephew and on my birthday made it even more special! :)  

Did anyone close to you die?  Yes, some life long friends of our family who lived back home.  They were like another set of grandparents to me  :(  

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?  More willpower when it comes to eating healthier  

What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Changing jobs and careers after being in the legal field for the past 16 years  

What was your biggest failure?  I had a lot of them but can't recall off the top of my head, at the moment, which one was my biggest.  

Did you suffer illness or injury?  Yes, the week before Christmas, I had emergency gall bladder surgery.  I never had any type of symptoms - it just hit out of the blue at 11:00 at night  

What was the best thing you bought?  My other 2 Boston Terriers babies - Bree and Beaux  

Whose behavior merited celebration?   My son for his hard work and efforts in keeping a 3.25 again in college and becoming a sophomore 

Where did most of your money go?  Buying healthy food - why does it have to be so darn expensive as opposed to junk food?  

What did you get really excited about?  My Arkansas Razorbacks making it to a Bowl game against the Texas Longhorns and being there to watch them kick their butt a few days ago! :)  

What countries did you visit?  Mexico, Hondurus and Belize

What song will always remind you of 2014?  All about that Bass sung by Meghan Trainor along with all of the parodies played off of that song  

Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder Happier, Thinner or fatter?  Neither - the same, but want to be thinner and healthier, Richer or poorer? Richer

What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time with family and friends back home 

What do you wish you’d done less of?  Work 

How will you be spending Christmas? We stayed home - I had just gotten out of the hospital after having emergency gall bladder surgery 

Did you fall in love in 2014?  No - still in love with my husband (17 years and going strong) 

How many one-night stands?  None 

Who were your best friends?  My mom, sister and the same friends as always from back home

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? Nothing that I recall, unless paying it forward (or backward) in the line at Starbucks counts... :)

What were your favorite TV shows?  The Blacklist, Scandal and Glee

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?  Nope, because I don't hate anyone

What was the best book you read in 2014?  I didn't get to read any books this year, unfortunately

What was your greatest musical discovery?  I didn't really have one

What did you want and get?  A new wedding ring because my other kept losing the diamonds constantly

What did you want but did not get?  A new house to rent because this place we live in currently isn't big enough anymore and the parking stinks 

What were your favorite films this year?  God is not Dead and Malificient are the two that come to mind at the moment.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  I turned 46 years old and we went to a Houston Astros baseball game in Minute Maid Park in Houston and it was a blast

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  To have moved back home to Arkansas 

What kept you sane?  Friends and Family

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?  Luke Bryan - I love hearing him sing

What political issue stirred you the most?  ALL political ads and anything and everything relating to OBAMA - I can NOT wait to get a new president!!!

Who do you miss?  My daughter who lives back home in Arkansas but I get to see her in a couple of weeks! :)

Who are the best new persons you met this year?  Jim and Elaine from our cruise last February and they actually live close enough to hang out with

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.  That your health is important and you need to keep working hard to improve it daily, or you will be like me and end up with an emergency gall bladder surgery, which included no prior symptoms.

Quote that sums up the year:  Only you can make yourself happy

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?  The day my beautiful baby girl got married

Well, there you have it my peeps!  Be sure to play along if you'd like to.  Have a Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by to say hello, as well as reading my little blog here in my corner of the world.

Lots of love and hugs,

 







1 comment:

Sweet Love From My Friends