Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap - Family Visit

Happy Monday guys and dolls!  How was your weekend?  What did you do?  We finally made it to Jonesboro to see my grandfather and we took him to lunch and visited for a while.  It was kind of sad really because he truly did NOT remember me at all - though he claimed that he did (he has Alzheimers).  That was our Saturday and then on Sunday we hung out at home and did chores, etc.  I even made some homemade washing powder and homemade dishwasher soap.  I may do a post one day with the instructions if anyone is interested.  It was SO SO easy! 

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures that I took while visiting my grandfather on Saturday.  I hope you enjoy them.  I really hated that he didn't know who I was but at least me and the kids know who he IS and who he WAS and so we can hold on to those memories at least.

                                              The kids and pappaw 
 Me and Aunt Cindy (his daughter)
Me and Pappaw

Well, I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I hope you had a great weekend.  I promise to catch up on your blogs later today while I'm on lunch and will have the time.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Lots of love and hugs,

3 comments:

  1. That's so hard, isn't it? My grandma had Alzheimers too. Love the pictures. Your kiddos are beautiful! Glad y'all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandpa had Alzheimers. It's so hard to be a part of but how sweet of you to still be there for him. Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to go visit! I'm sure your visit warmed his heart whether he knew who you were or not. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends