Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Freedom to Vote

Yes, I know this post is late - so sue me!  HA!  Whether you agree with the outcome of the Presidential Election, or not, I personally am very thankful for the freedoms we do have, including the right to vote!  However, this post isn't going to be political because, I personally HATE and DESPISE politics.  But, what this post IS going to be about is the fact that we were able to vote this year with our son and I want to remember that day, so am posting it here.  :)  This was his first time to vote EVER due to the fact that he just turned 18 this past February.  

And though you can't tell it here (he was mad at us) - he was SO excited to be there and voting for the first time in his life.  He is very knowledgeable when it comes to a lot of Politics and definitely has his own personal views and will argue with the best of them about why his opinion is right - DRIVES.US.NUTS!   HA!  But, we are happy he has his own beliefs and opinions and stands up for his convictions and what he believes in.  

(Ignore my picture - this was before I got my bangs cut - they looked horrible and I'm obviously not one who can rock the "long" bangs look - sigh)  
Yes, I stepped out and away from MY voting booth to capture him actually voting.  I got yelled at by some lady who was watching over things - but I didn't really care.  It was a BIG day and I was very proud of my son for exercising his right to vote! :)  Besides, I made sure I didn't get any information in my picture, so I didn't capture someone's personal votes (including my sons).
See... he looks much happier here - LOL
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to say hello! :)

Lots of love and hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Good on your son. Though some years ago now, I can still remember the first time I voted - AND I didn't get a sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amo il Presidente Obama. Penso che sia l'unico che può ridare speranza al mondo intero.
    Qui in Italia tutto va da schifo.
    Grazie arrivederci
    Cristiana

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends