Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 31 - Day 6 - Beastley BBQ Sauce

Happy Sunday, guys and dolls!  How are you?  Great, I hope!  How was your weekend?  Ours was good - but our Hogs didn't do a good job on their game yesterday, so it kinda sucked - LOL  Other than that we did a LOT of relaxing, which was really nice.  I didn't wake up this morning until 10:00! WOW - that's LATE for me, but it felt SOO GOOD! :)
 
I've been trying to get back on track and back in shape lately.  Seems I keep falling off the wagon - what can I say - I love my beer and hot wings on the weekends and any other time for that matter - HA!
 
So... since I've been up this morning, I've started creating a few things for me to take for breakfast and lunch this week and also to have prepared already for the week ahead for dinner.  About a year ago I started trying to eat as much in the way of the Paleo diet as possible.  It's a lot of clean eating and actually good tasting food - it's just simply grain free, etc.  If you want more information, feel free to leave me a comment - I'd love to share with you. 
 
One of my favorite Paleo blogs is The Civilized Caveman.  I follow him on twitter, instagram and on his blog.  Today I am in the process of making a few of his dinner items, along with his Beastly BBQ Sauce.  I have included the recipe for you below.  Not only is it GOOD - but it is HEALTHY and doesn't contain all of those ingredients your body doesn't need like what's included in the bottles you buy at Walmart or your local grocery store.  Anyway, without further adieu:
Beasty BBQ Sauce
 
IMG 0571 1024x768 Beasty BBQ Sauce
 
Prep time

Cook time

Total time

Serves: 4 cups

Ingredients
  • 3 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 white onion, diced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 2 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 1 can of diced pineapple (8 ounces for not to sweet, 20 ounce for sweeter)
 
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients above in a sauce pan and place on stove over medium heat stirring frequently
  2. Once your sauce starts to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 60 minutes
  3. Once your sauce has simmered, turn off the heat and pour your sauce into a blender or food processor and run until you get a nice smooth sauce consistency
  4. Return to the pan to keep warm or place on the food of your choice
  5. Store in the refrigerator
  6. Enjoy
 

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your weekend! 
 
 
Love and hugs,

1 comment:

  1. great bbq sauce! love spicy food.

    this has so many of my fave things on one plate.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends