Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weekend Projects - Before, Durings and After

Happy Tuesday my friends! How are you?  Great, I hope! I wanted to show you the 3 projects that I got completed this weekend (hard to believe I got so much accomplished considering how late I slept in each day - ha!)  Anyway, I hope you enjoy them:

Before (measuring everything out - this board is one that the hubby
took down out of my closet so I had it laying around and it was
 the perfect size for the top of the bench for added support):
During(making sure it all fits before "hot gluing" everything down)
The After (I velcroed it to the top of the chest):
You can go {here} to see the actual "before, before" when I first picked it up off the side of the road!

 This is a lamp I had in my summer decor last year and decided to transform to be used in my daughter's room:
 During: (wrapping the lamp - there are so many tutorials out in the bloggy world)
 The after:  (and this almost turned into a big fat fail thanks to the fact that when I went to put it all back together I had somehow turned the lampshade upside down which meant that the beautiful red satin rose that I put on for that added pop of color had to be on the bottom instead because once it was glued down it refused to come off!) (sigh)  This was a first for me to ever do, so it didn't turn out perfect, which is why I won't be doing any tutorials on this particular project! HA!
And the final project of the weekend was this ugly built-in bookshelf in my living room:
(Before)
 During:
 After:
It looks SO much better, right?! :)  It took me 4 hours to do the darn thing which was crazy! I didn't think it would take long at all to knock it right out - but, boy was I ever wrong! Oh well.. the after result is so worth it to me! What do you think? :)

Well, I hate to run but it's that time again so I better get my booty moving.  I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by to say hello.  I promise to get caught up on your blogs soon - but this week at work (yes, I know it's only been 1 day) is already turning out to be another week from H-e-double hockey sticks. *sigh*

 Lots of love and hugs,
 

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GRACIOUS! The bench looks great! The lampshade looks good too, even with the flower on the bottom. It looks fabulous, but the bookcase? GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT! Girl, I HATE to paint, but it is so worth it, isn't it? That looks so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it all, you've been busy! such a difference fabric makes. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends