Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday my peeps!  WHERE did the weekend go?  *sigh*  It was a busy one for us around here and a very HOT one to say the least.  Yesterday got up to 107 degrees outside - actual AIR TEMPERATURE - ACK!  Needless to say, we didn't get out in the heat much.  LOL

My sister and youngest niece came to Conway to visit and hang out and we had a great time.  Me, my oldest niece and my sister went to Shipley's donuts (best.donuts.EVAH) for breakfast on our way to Hobby Lobby.  We spent at least 2 solid hours in Hobby Lobby just looking at all of their goodies and walked out empty handed - HA!  I haven't been in a HL in forever and it felt SO good to be back in a great craft store for a change.  I've personally never cared for Michaels and didn't particularly care for AC Moore in NJ either.  They didn't have a HL in the Northeast and I had some serious withdrawals over the years - hee hee hee.

On another note - we also bought a new to us (program car with 25k miles on it) car on Saturday as well and will be picking it up later this evening.  We are trading in our Ford Explorer which has over 72k miles on it and is starting to have a few minor problems.  Plus the new car (which is a Ford Focus) gets 30.9 miles to the gallon gas wise and that is a HUGE difference in what we now get on the Explorer.  Here is a picture of what we are going from:

 to:
The Explorer is a 2006 and the Focus is a 2010 and is fully loaded.  I can't wait.  It will be a HUGE adjustment going from the big truck back to a small car - but I am ready! :)  We are trying to figure out all kinds of ways to cut back on expenses and I am tackling the cellphone issue next - anyone have any ideas on THAT huge project?  Please feel free to share!

Well, better get back to work.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! :)

Lots of love and hugs,

6 comments:

  1. sounds like y'all are enjoying life since the move:)

    happy monday friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's a fabulous car!

    have a great week ahead, sweetie!

    big, big hugs!
    betty xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh honey! this is so exciting. i love it. i remember moving home and we drove up to the car place in our U-Haul.

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cool car - I bet you feel really low to the ground! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great on the car girl! Hey if you find any good deals on the cellphones let me know, we get a discount with AT&T with me working for UCA but we still wind up paying $250+ a month!!YIKES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are going to save so much money on gas! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends