Thursday, January 30, 2014

Finish This Link Up…Week 4

Happy Thursday, guys and dolls!  Hope you are having a great week so far!  I decided today to play along with The Java Mama and others who are linking up with the Finish This Link Up and they are already on Week 4.  I'm not sure why I've not thought to join this linky party before as I love linky parties! :)  So... without further adieu - 




1. I use my “green thumb” to … I don't have a green thumb, unfortunately.  However, my husband does.  That is his therapy - he loves to do all of our landscaping and playing with trees and flower bushes, etc.  He has me choose which ones I'd like to have, but he does all of the transplanting, pruning among other things.  My thumb is so black I even kill ferns and from what I hear that is almost impossible to do! HA!

2. The secret to life is being happy with yourself and who you are first and foremost. There will always be someone out there prettier than you, thinner, richer, etc.  On the flip side of that there will always be someone worse off than you too. Once you realize how good you really have it in life, that's when you will truly be happy and content and find you are in deed a very rich person. :)  Like my baby sister always says - the Good Lord let me wake up again today, so I am doing great! :)  Love her attitude. 
3. I get my money’s worth by looking for great deals.  The hubs and I always go to a Mexican Flea Market about 20 miles from our home every.single.weekend.  We have found some wonderful and very inexpensive pieces there and have brought them home for me to work my magic and refurbish them and turn them into their beautiful selves.  I love to repurpose and refurbish old items and make them new again.  I guess I get that from my parents.  Anything home related, I am all about!  See... here's an example of my latest refurbishment.  What do you think? I love how it turned out personally and it cost me a total of about $20.  That included purchase and paint! :)
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, my level of organization is definitely a 10.  I hate to be unorganized and it makes me nuts when there is clutter around. Unfortunately, my husband is more anal than I am though - which makes us butt heads at times because we both want it our way! HA!
5. A gentleman always treats his lady, among others, with kindness and respect.... no matter what.
6. Handwritten notes are unfortunately a thing of the past.  I wish letters still came in the mail.  I love fun mail days. :)  I don't have any handwritten notes (other than birthday and Christmas cards) from my favorite grandmother who passed many years ago, however, I do have her recipe box that has tons of her favorite recipes in her handwriting, which I cherish tremendously. :)
Well, there you go my friends.  If you'd like to play along, be sure and link up.  Also, let me know you were here and that you are playing along so I can come read your responses as well and check out your blogs! 
Have a wonderful day!  We are on the downhill side of the week thankfully!
Lots of love and hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Welcome! Your refurbish project looks terrific. I look forward to reading more of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy and welcome to Finish This! You're definitely with friends around these parts as very few of us admitted to having green thumb talents, but HIGH FIVE to your husband. I love the DIY project too, that looks great. Hope to see you back next week for another set of prompts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you on #2! so true!

    your refurbish project looks truly awesome. great job!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends