Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Wednesday

Sorry I've not been around the past couple of days, but we received some very bad news on Monday at the office and things have been really sad since then.  One of our co-workers, who had been there for many years and blue moons, and who was only in his mid-50's, passed away on Monday morning at 5:15.  He had been battling cancer that just appeared about 6 months ago.  He was one of the main employees and very well loved, so it's been a huge shock to everyone, because he had started rallying and everyone thought he was going to be able to continue to fight it off and that his latest treatment was working.  Anyway, the visitation is Friday night and the funeral is Saturday afternoon. He was also a pillar in the community, so that means both of these are going to be extremely crowded.  I only had the pleasure of working with him for about 6 months before he fell ill, so it's not like I know him that well, but feel I need to pay my respects to him and his family for sure on both days, no matter how bad I hate going to funerals.  He was a very nice man and always real pleasant around the office and will be greatly missed.

Anyway, time to get off the sad part of the morning. How has your week been so far?  Are your kiddos all back in school officially now? Things are hopping here in Texas and kids are everywhere again.  I know I've said this before, but I really miss being "in" school - in some form at least.  I think my favorite profession would be a school secretary - I think that would be perfect, because I could be a part of the school year and still enjoy my summers off. :) 

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by to say hello.  Please let me know you were here.  





Lots of love and hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Love From My Friends