Thursday, March 23, 2017

Life Update #2

Happy Thursday Guys and Dolls! Hope your week is going along painlessly! Now onto life update #2!

We moved me into my husband's brother's house that week and got me all settled in.  We spent the weekend together just trying to relax and spend some time together before my husband had to return to Texas.  After dh went back to Texas, I had a few days to get settled in before I began my new job on Wednesday, March 9th.  Moving back home meant I was back within an hour or less from my wonderful sweet mommy, so we spent the day shopping and getting me some new work clothes.

I spent the next couple of days relaxing and then was super excited for my first day at the Bank. I went to work in the Corporate Finance Department working with the Mergers and Acquisitions group and was in love with the company from Day 1.  Everyone was super nice and very helpful and it was a wonderful transition.  The only issue I had was that I was bored for some time just trying to learn the new job and taking all of the tests that every employee has to take along the way for compliance reasons.  I worked in that position for roughly about a month or so when my immediate supervisor came to me and said that the big boss wanted to know if because of my legal background, if I would be willing to start taking the minutes for the Board of Director meetings starting in May. It would also mean that we would travel out of state to different places twice a year for extended board meetings. I agreed to do so and was very excited to start getting more responsibility.

In June we finally found a house to purchase and were able to move in the second week and that's when the real work began!  You know... all of those "Fun" house projects.  I've watched entirely too many HGTV shows, that much I can tell you! Between HGTV and Pinterest, my idea list has grown SUPER LONG - LOL

Fast forward to August when we had our first meeting out of state (technically it was the 2nd meeting as I had already missed the one in February) and we traveled to San Francisco. I had never been to California, much less San Francisco, and was super excited to travel.  The board meetings are 2 days long and even though we have nice dinners, the meetings are definitely all work and no play, so we don't actually get to see any of the city that we travel to. However, it's still very nice to be able to travel for work.  It was something my husband always got to enjoy doing as part of his time working with the airport and got to see many new places, so I'm really enjoying it.  While at the meeting in San Francisco, one of my immediate supervisors got promoted.  When we got back I learned that the big boss's assistant was retiring and they wanted me to take her place.  I was truly excited for the opportunity as it meant even more responsibility.  I moved to their side of the floor and began training with her in September.  She officially retired the 3rd week of February, so I've taken it over full time now and I am truly loving it.  I knew when I interviewed with my original two bosses, that this was the right place for me to finish my career and the place I plan to retire.

Anyway, I know I am a couple of days behind on blogging, but with a promotion comes more responsibility and longer hours. So when I get home at night I'm even more exhausted and want to do nothing but lay in bed next to my hubby and watch tv and relax.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello and reading.  I will post Day 3 tomorrow!  :)  Please let me know that you were here so I can stop by and say hello on your blogs too.

Have an awesome day and Happy Friday Eve friends!!!



  1. Wow! You are living the life! It all sounds so exciting and exhausting all at the same time! :)

    1. LOL yes, you hit the nail on the head - fun and exhausting all at the same time for sure! Thanks for stopping by to say hello! :)

  2. Congratulations on the promotion! :) I'm so happy for you!


Sweet Love From My Friends