Saturday, August 14, 2010

Recipe Time!

Happy Saturday my friends!  I hope you're having a great day so far!  By the time you're reading this, I will be on my way to take my girl to spend the week in CT with her friend before school starts.  Then while there I'll be checking out their new Target and we may even be making our way up to Massachusettes (sp?) to the Yankee Candle Factory again - man, do I LOVE that store! :o)  Anyway, I haven't been able to get the recipe for that delicious cake yet - BUT here is the other AWESOME recipe that I promised you!  Trust me, if you like seafood - you.will.love this recipe - it is to die for!  YUM!

CRAWFISH FETTUCCINE

 
3 STICKS BUTTER
3 ONIONS, CHOPPED
3 RIBS CELERY, CHOPPED
BELL PEPPERS, CHOPPED
1/4 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
4 TABLESPOONS PARSLEY, CHOPPED
3 POUNDS CRAWFISH TAILS OR SHRIMP
1 QUART HALF AND HALF CREAM
1 POUND VELVEETA CHEESE CUT IN CUBES
3 CLOVES GARLIC
2 TABLESPOONS JALAPENO PEPPERS, CHOPPED
SALT, BLACK PEPPER, AND RED PEPPER (CAYENNE)
1 POUND FETTUCINE NOODLES TO 1 & 1/2 POUNDS
PARMESAN CHEESE TO TASTE
 
MELT BUTTER. ADD ONIONS, CELERY, AND BELL PEPPER.  COOK 10 MINUTES UNTIL CLEAR.  ADD FLOUR A LITTLE AT A TIME, BLEND IN WELL. COVER AND COOK 15 MINUTES, STIRRING OFTEN.  ADD PARSLEY AND CRAWFISH TAILS.  COVER AND COOK 20 MINUTES, STIRRING OFTEN, ADD CREAM, VELVEETA, JALAPENOS, AND GARLIC. MIX WELL. ADD SALT AND PEPPERS TO TASTE.  COOK, COVERED ON LOW HEAT,20 MINUTES, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY.  ADD MIXTURE TO NOODLES.  POUR IN 3 QUART BUTTERED CASSEROLE DISH.  SPRINKLE WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND BAKE 12 MINUTES.


Sorry I don't have pictures but while on vacation, I didn't think about taking pictures during the cooking process, but, it is SO pretty of a dish when its fresh out of the oven before you dig into it! :o)

Have a great day and great rest of the weekend and thanks for stopping by to say hello!

Lots of love and hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that sounds wonderful....cant wait to try it;)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends