Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday - Recipe Time!

Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone!  You know what that means - it's that time again - yep you guessed it - Thanksgiving Recipe time! :o)  I have been searching out a Pecan Pie recipe as I really wanted to cook one this year for the first time ever - however, apparently all I needed to do was look in my own recipe box in my cabinet (okay one of three recipe boxes) and I would find the one I wanted to try.  You see, I have a very special recipe box that I have had now going on 6 years - it is from my favorite grandmother who passed away almost 6 years ago and it has her handwritten recipes including the "smell" from her house still on the cards and I.L.OVE.IT.  It really means a lot to me to have that of hers.  So...I won't make you wait any longer - here is her recipe that I plan to try on my family for Thanksgiving this year and I hope you enjoy it just as much! :o)

Pecan Pie
Ingredients
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup Karo Syrup dark
1 cup Karo Syrup light
1 cup Sugar
2 Tbs. Butter melted
1 Tbs. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Pecans

Directions
Mix all together and place in pie shell.  Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.

That's all there is to it (according to the recipe card anyway - ha!) 


On another note - I received a very special award today from a wonderful follower friend and I am so honored that she thought of me.  It is the

So thank you Corrie!  If ya'll get the chance to stop by and say hi to her - please do - she is a real sweetie pie who has a very cute and blog about her family! :o)  Since I am so running late this morning, I will pass the awards on to others soon - but I have to go get ready now so I don't miss my bus! HA!  Have a great day my wonderful Blogarino friends!  We are so close to Friday that I can taste it! 

Big hugs,
Trac~ ;o)

4 comments:

  1. That sounds soooooooo delicious!!
    Congrats on the awardizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ConGrats on the award. You deserve it! I love pecan pie. This in another one to save.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! I am making a pumpkin chocolate chip cake. I have all this pumpkin from halloween I never used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like it will be soooo yummy!!!! haha and yes I still love ya, even if you didn't like Elf. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends