Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hospital Stay

Happy Saturday my friends.  I hope you've had a much better day than I have had so far.  It all started at 5:00 a.m. this morning when my husband was leaving to take my son to the airport so he could fly home to Arkansas for 2 weeks and I got up to go to the bathroom and tried going back to bed to sleep but only laid in bed for about another 15 minutes before having to go back to the bathroom as I was doubled over in severe pain and also began throwing up.  I was in such pain that I couldn't get off the floor after that and had to call my good friend around the corner to come help me since my husband was gone at that time.  She couldn't get me up so she could take me to the hospital so she called 911 and within 10 minutes the ambulance and the police were here to check me out and take me to the hospital.  Needless to say it was my first ever experience of being carried out on a chair, down steep stairs, and to a waiting gurney and my first ride in an ambulance.

They took me straight to a waiting bed/room in the ER and began drawing my blood and starting an IV of different medicines, which immediately knocked me out (I'm a wimp when it comes to meds - Advil puts me to sleep - ha ha)  Anyway, this went on for a couple of hours and then they started making me drink this yucky clear liquid so that they could take a catscan of my stomach and other organs to see if they could figure out what was going on.  They had different ideas - gallbladder, appendix, acid reflux, heart attack and such.  Needless to say, it was none of the above.  My husband immediately thought it was kidney stones (he's had them several times in our 13 years) and then my father-in-law, who is an RN in Arkansas, immediately said he thought it was a kidney stone as well.  So, I'll go with his and my husband's opinion that it was in fact kidney stones.  Regardless, it.was.painful and miserable.

Thankfully I have a great friend who lives in my neighborhood who could come take care of me at 5:30 this morning since my husband was gone at the time.  Today was also the day my daughter flew to Florida for the entire summer and instead of spending the day with her before we had to take her to the airport - I had to be hospitalized instead. *sigh*  My poor husband had a lot of running around to do today between me and the 2 kids and it started for him at 4 a.m. this morning.  Poor baby - needless to say, after we finally got out of the hospital and got my meds and such, we both came home and crashed for hours on the couch and just now woke up.  Still not feeling that well, but much better than before, but also very very tired. 

Anyway, not meaning to be a debbie downer but wanted to let you know how my Saturday has gone so far and really hoping that you are all having a much better weekend.  Thanks for stopping by to say hello! :o)

Lots of love and hugs,


  1. Good grief! So they just sent you home and don't know what it was???

  2. WOW, I hope you feel better soon..

  3. What a day you all had, here's hoping they get you sorted and soon. Thank goodness for good friends and wonderful family.

  4. I hope you feel better! Thank God you had someone to help you!

  5. Oh my goodness! That's scary! Did they send you home without an official diagnosis?

    I'm glad you''re doing a little better.


Sweet Love From My Friends