Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, peeps!  How was your weekend? Better than mine, I hope! Nah, seriously, my weekend was great, despite my Razorbacks falling short to Toledo on Saturday and my Chicago Cubs falling short to the Phillies all weekend.... sigh.... it was just not our week.  Sometimes I get so worked up over the way my Hogs play that I literally have to walk away and not watch anymore. Now, mind you, I am NOT a fair weather fan by any means, I am a TRUE Hog fan thru and thru - but sometimes my heart just can't take the pain of it. I know, I sound like a guy, right?! LOL Well, I guess I have my mother to blame when it comes to screaming at the tv (like they can hear me), because when I was growing up, she too was the sports fan in the marriage of her and my dad. Though my hubby is a huge sports fan, he's not as huge as me when it comes to yelling and getting upset at the tv - he may slap his hand on the couch because he's so frustrated, but that's about the extent of his excitement when he's upset with our team. HA!

Anyway, how was your weekend?  Did your teams play and actually win by chance?  Besides watching football and baseball, we pretty much relaxed as much as possible.  We did some cooking, cleaning and watching Hallmark movies.  I'm so thankful my husband and I still have so much in common after almost 18 years of marriage....it sure makes it easier on both of us. :)  Also, Texas has finally started to feel the cool crisp Fall temps that have been making their way across the country.  I miss REAL Fall so much - it is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love the orange, red, yellow and green colors of the leaves, the perfect sweater weather, bonfires, among other Fall wonders. What about you? How is the weather where you are?  

Well, I have to cut this one short today, but wanted to pop in and see how your weekend was and wish you a wonderful and happy Monday (if there is such a thing). Have a great day and I will see you on the flip side! Thanks for stopping by and please let me know you were here. :)


Lots of love and hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Love From My Friends