Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap!

Happy Tuesday all my friends and loved ones! Hope you had a very wonderful and blessed weekend and a great Monday yesterday. We had a GREAT time this past weekend, but it went by way too fast for my liking! I had 2 of my favorite people come into town to see me last Thursday night and it started out being an adventure - let me tell you! My mom and sister's plane was due to land in Newark at 9 p.m. Thursday night. However, they had a layover in Atlanta, Georgia and SOMEHOW missed their plane - them and about 20 other people! ACK! So... the hubster and I went to Chili's (in the airport) and decided to sit down and have dinner and some drinks while we waited to hear how everything was going to turn out. Well... needless to say they were booked on another flight out at 7:25 a.m. on Friday morning BUT luckily for them (and us) when they went back to check-in for the next morning's flight out - they were told they had another flight leaving in just a few minutes if they wanted to get on that one instead - WOO HOOO!!!! Sooo... needless to say, hubby and I went home, rested up some, and the kids and I turned around and made the 1 hour drive BACK to the airport at midnight Thursday night to pick them up. But they were in 10 hours earlier than they would have been had they waited for the 7:25 a.m. flight. YAY!!!

On Friday morning, since we didn't get home before 1 a.m. and the hubster had to go to work, I actually slept until 10:30 that morning! WOW! Talk about a lazy morning - it was GREAT! Mom and sister decided they didn't really want to go to the city after all sooo... we decided to hang out at home and get ready at our leisure and then go SHOPPING! What else is a girl to do when she has 3 of her best girls with her (and my son)? - GO SHOPPING OF COURSE! :o)

First off, we decided we'd better get something to eat so we'd have plenty of energy to hit those huge sales we were about to embark on! So Alliye, Michael and myself took them to one of our favorite restaurants down the road, called "The Chatterbox Drive-In". It is a drive-in that actually has the feel of "Arnolds" from the Happy Days years and even has car-hops that actually come out to your car like back in the "old" days.




After we ate, we went to this little outside mall called "Lafayette Village" just a few minutes from the Chatterbox. They were having some AWESOME sales! There are stores there like Bass, Izod and Van Huesen - and they were having 60% off sales PLUS another 10%, 20% and even 40% off THAT - we got some GREAT deals and lots of clothes at wonderful prices!


After we shopped until we dropped, we went home and met Steven, and took off for Pub 199 for some great seafood and drinks! Once we got our bellies full, we decided to take a quick drive on the way home and show them the "Boardwalk" near our house. While there we all opted for some fresh HOMEMADE ice cream - needless to say, I have found my new FAVORITE (when I actually eat ice cream that is) and it is PUMPKIN - DELICIOUS!!!!




Well, this is getting to be quite long so I will end it here and finish up the rest of the weekend with more pictures in tomorrow's post. In the meantime, I will leave you with these wonderful pictures for your enjoyment.

Have a great rest of the day!

Hugs, Trac~ :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Love From My Friends