Thursday, July 22, 2010

She's Out of my League

Well good morning and good afternoon my peeps! How the heck are ya?  Great, I hope!  I am doing good - just tired as usual but what's new, right?! *sigh*  Anywho the husby and I rented a movie last night called "She's Out of my League" and it was SOOO CUTE and FUNNY!  We were both really impressed and surprised at how good it turned out to be.  I'm so glad that he and I both enjoy a lot of the same movies and tv shows - it really helps when we are laying in bed watching tv and the other likes what's on too. HA! 


An airport security man meets a girl described as a perfect 10. However, his own lack of confidence and the suspicions of his friends and family begin to sabotage the relationship.

























It was a movie that made you think and realize that true love is not all about looks and that you've got to like their brains and their personality, etc., as well.  Even when you have your family and friends telling you that you're not good enough to be with that "hot" girl or "hot" guy and they wonder "why that person is with you" - you have to follow your heart and your instincts and not listen to other people and what they say. 

I tend to be that way a lot - don't get me wrong, I care about what other people think but only to an extent.  I am one who always seeks out other opinions from anyone and everyone, that is close to me, on several different matters - no matter what the subject is. (drives my husband CRAZY)  But, I also always try and follow my heart as much as possible and let it lead me - unfortunately, for me, that has also gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years (when it came to men especially) as I have made some awful mistakes thinking that I was dating a great guy or that the girlfriend I was hanging out with was a great friend - trust me when I say I've been VERY wrong on both counts quite a few times. 

It took me until I was 29 years old LITERALLY to get it right with both my girlfriends and my husband. :o)  I have some awesome girlfriends back home that I miss TERRIBLY and it has been so hard making new friends here in New Jersey at my age.  I've never met a stranger in my life so as you can imagine - I talk to everyone - LOL  (also drives my husband crazy) :o)   However, the day I met my husband (and tried cancelling our first date 3 times)  and even talked on my cellphone to another guy that I was also dating at the time (while husby was in the car and we were on our date) -(I know, very tacky, right?)  I did manage to finally get it right with him.  I am very lucky that my husband is a loving and patient man is all I can say because I am sure I am not easy to live with at times (as he isn't) but luckily for the both of us what one of us lacks the other makes up for and so our personalities completely compliment each other and balance the other one out.  Which helps tremendously when your husband is a very sensitive man as mine is. :o)

Anyway, if you get a chance to rent the movie - you should do so - I think you will really enjoy it (well... only if you enjoy cute comedies like this one). :o) 

Thanks to all of you yesterday who commented on my beautiful mommy.  Yes, she is very young looking and luckily I got hers (and her mama's) genes in that category as I still get carded all of the time - even at the age of 42.  I just laugh it off as I think it's quite funny but am so happy to be blessed with young looks. :o)  Anyway, I can't wait to celebrate her BIG 6-0 with her and the rest of my family very very soon.  I hope she will like her birthday present we had made for her.  Once I get back I will be sure and upload a picture of it for you all to see.  I was going to try and make it myself but have just ran completely out of time.

Have a wonderful and blessed day my peeps and thanks for stopping by!

Lots of love and hugs,

2 comments:

  1. sounds like one I would love...Im gonna check it out;)

    I hope your day is filled with sunshine, love and music;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cute one- I'll have to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends