Thursday, October 29, 2015

18 years and counting.............

Happy Thursday lovies!  Hope you're having an awesome week so far!  We have officially made it to that part of the week that we love to call "Friday Eve"!!!

 

Anywho... I wanted to dedicate this portion of my post to my wonderful and loving husband of 18 years.  We have had our ups and downs (more ups than downs) over the past 18 years, but what marriage doesn't.  We've been through the good and the bad and the rich and the poor but always seem to find our way back to the top.  We met over 18 years ago at a country/western dance club in Little Rock, Arkansas and hit it off.  Ironically, however, we had actually met at that same country/western dance club FIVE years PRIOR to that and didn't like each other.  It's funny how your opinions change on things once you mature.  We didn't even realize we had actually met 5 years prior until later in the years when we were talking about the night we met (the 2nd time).  

The 2nd time we met - he thought I was a 19 year old with a fake ID.  Once he learned I was actually 29 years old and had a 3 year old daughter from my previous marriage and he ironically had a 3 yo son from his previous marriage, that's when he decided I might be worth his time after all.  Before he knew my real age (he actually took my driver's license and tried to scratch it off because he didn't believe I was really 29 yo) - he had told his brother and friends that he didn't need a teeny bopper but needed a mother for his 3 yo son.  LOL  Needless to say, from that point on we were pretty much inseparable.  My daughter is 3 months older than my stepson (which I don't use that term in normal daily conversation - because he is my son in my eyes) and it was just like raising twins all of this time.  

Hubby and I only dated for 2 months before we got married.  Yes, I realize that it was FAST, and NO I was NOT pregnant - we had both just had awful first marriages that we knew what we wanted and why wait? So... we went to the justice of the peace one day at lunch and tied the knot and went back to work - LOL  A couple of years later, I converted to Catholic, and we got married in the Catholic Church because it was important to his mom.  Anyway, over the course of our 18 years, we have lived in 5 different cities in 4 different states and owned 3 houses, but our hearts belong to Arkansas hands down and I know we will find our way back there in the very near future and I can't wait. :)

After looking at my photos on Snapfish, I realized there was no way I could put all of my pictures that I wanted to share on here - I have SO many wonderful memories over our 18 years of marriage, that I started reminiscing and let the time slip away from me.  I will have to make another post or two sharing some of our family memories at a later time.....but for now......

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life, my soulmate and best friend.  I love you to the moon and back and cannot wait to continue our life together.  Cheers to another 18 + years my darling groom. 


 Thanks for stopping by my friends.  I hope you have a fabulous day! 

 Lots of love and hugs,

2 comments:

  1. 18 years, congrats! We celebrated two years in September and I can't wait to get to 18 years. Happy Anniversary, lady!

    BTW, your comment today came in as a noreply comment so I couldn't respond to it in my email. I have a bunch of recipes on my blog for Whole30 and am happy to chat anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends