Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Faves - Halloween Memories - Salem Witch Style

Good morning guys and dolls and HAPPY FRIDAY - can I get an AMEN!!!!???? WOO HOO!!!! This time last week we were already on the road to Arkansas and then headed up to IL for a funeral. I am so happy that we are home this weekend and not traveling.  Both Hubby and I are still trying to catch up on our sleep and are just exhausted to say the least.  As you know, on Fridays, I sometimes play along with my friend Becky at The Java Mama and Kim over at Faith, Grace & Giggles for their Friday link up party.  


This week's party is all about Halloween Memories. When we lived in the Northeast, we were only a few hours from Salem, Massachusettes and had heard from a friend about the Salem Witch Festival that they had every year, so we loaded up the kids and took off. These pictures are from there but from a couple of different years. I hope you enjoy and I'm sorry for the picture overload, but I couldn't decide which ones to share, so I wanted to share the best of what I could locate still on my computer. :)

These first few pictures are at the Welcome Center once you cross into Massachusettes:
 And of course, what is Halloween without the gallos? :)
 
These next few are in the Mall itself at the festival:
 I had to get inside the coffin - duh:
 And yes, this was a real person and she was as creepy as she looked - ha!
These next few are in the actual Salem Witch Museum and during the Witch trials that you learn about as you are sitting in the main courtroom
 
 
 
 
These are about the town - and also as you can see, most everyone dresses up as witches for the festival:
 
 
My daughter was too scared to do a ghost hunt tour with me, so I had to settle for this picture of her with a ghost instead - LOL
Cemetery at the church on site 
Thankfully, my son is as big of a Cemetery freak as I am and loves to check out the old ones with me:
 Had to get a picture with the ugly witch - lol
 And what would Halloween be without the GOOD Witch, Sabrina? My kids just loved her
So there you go - there are some of my absolute favorite Halloween memories.  I do hope you've enjoyed seeing the pictures and will come play along with us today.  However, if not today, here is the calendar below that shows you what they have in store for the next few weeks in case you change your mind:
I hope you have a fabulous day and a wonderful weekend ahead!  See you on the flip side lovies. :)

Lots of love and hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, amazing. Whereas I can take or leave Halloween I would have loved this as not only a holiday thing but an actual historical one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you watch Salem on tv? It's one of my fave shows!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends