Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday guys and dolls.  I hope that you had a fantastic weekend.  Ours included some ups and downs over the weekend and to be honest, it just kind of sucked for the most part. But, here are some of the highlights:


* Friday night we got off work early about 4:30, hubby and I had a big stupid fight over nothing, which is so unlike us but we chalked it up to us being exhausted after the long stressful week we had just had - it was short lived, but still, after 18 years together, I hate arguing over stupid stuff

*Saturday morning we got up early, went and took his Truck in for an oil change and service then went to Denny's to eat breakfast and did some garage saling in the nearby neighborhood that was having their semi-annual yard sale.  I managed to find a VERY CUTE lantern for $5 that I will have to share a picture of with you later, as I don't have it here on my computer

*Saturday afternoon I was still working on Halloween decorations and our neighbors across the street called and asked us to go have drinks with them at Sharkey's, so of course we said yes! :)  The weather was gorgeous and it was overlooking the lake - what more could you want? Cold drinks, lake view and friends - nothing better, right!  


*After that we ran home and started getting stuff prepped and ready because our beloved HOGS were about to play at 6:00 against the Tennessee Vols and we were hankering for a win and we did - thankfully we broke our 3 game losing streak - it wasn't a pretty win, but hey, at this point in time, a win is a win is a win

*Sunday started out with hubby having to work, me getting up early with him and working on more Halloween decorating and then going to get my nails done.  Sheesh - does it take anyone else 2 hours to have their nails done? It drives me crazy - but, unfortunately, my nails are so weak and thin that if I don't have them done with gel overlay and shellac, they will break constantly and split. :( Hubby got home early afternoon and the rest of our evening consisted of some cooking and watching tv and relaxing, but another night of insomnia for me - blah  

I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  We are enjoying this really COOL weather here in Texas that we've been having the past few days - lows in the 50's and 60's and highs in the low 80's with no humidity - yes, please. :)

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by.  


Lot of love and hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Our weather is getting cooler too.

    Mm, Denny's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I hope you have a great week!
    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends