Friday, October 30, 2009

TRUE Ghost Story Friday

Hello my blogarino friends! How's it going? I thought since tomorrow is Halloween that I would share a few TRUE ghost stories with you to help bring the "chill" of this spooky season to the air. :o)  These are my PERSONAL experiences and are all very very true!

(1) I was a senior in high school and dating this guy (for about a year or two).  I stayed at his house quite often on the weekends (in a separate room that used to be his grandmothers) (his family L.O.V.E.D. me and I still stay in touch with his mom and one of his younger brothers to this day).  Anyway, their house was built on an Indian burial ground and would become VERY haunted in the months of September through November.  Well one weekend we were all downstairs in the den area and we heard this HUGE crash upstairs in the boy's bathroom.  We all ran (me, him, his mom and brothers) upstairs to see what happened and couldn't believe our eyes.  They had this HUGE iron basket with HUGE SPIKE NAILS nailed to the wall in their bathroom that held tiny seashells from all of their trips to the ocean over the years.  Anyway, it had came completely OUT of the wall and was on the floor everywhere.  It was a mess.  The thing was that it was NOT heavy from the seashells at all and there was no possible way for those spikes (which were not loose) to come out of the wall all on their own for no reason.

(2)  One night we were all sitting down to dinner at the table (you know, when families used to do that sort of thing) and something happened that we were discussing the "ghosts" (boyfriend's dad did NOT believe at all) and I'm not sure what his dad was saying but it had to do with the not believing part when across the room on the kitchen counter (behind us) a butter knife went FLYING down the counter and across the room onto the floor - needless to say, I think bf's dad started believing that night then and there.

(3)  Another time, me and boyfriend's mom were doing laundry and walking down the hall and around the corner to the boy's bathroom when something came through and completely knocked the towels out of both of our hands.  (I forgot to mention that the corner where the boys' rooms and bathroom were and the grandmother's room where I slept when I was there was where the temperature was always really cold and where the most things happened).

(4)  Other times me and bf's mom would be sitting in the kitchen discussing the occurrences and things that had been happening when all of a sudden it would get SO COLD in the kitchen that it would literally run us OUT of the house to the outside porch.  It was like it didn't like us talking about the spirits or something.

(5) The last one that I can remember off hand was one night I was sleeping in the grandmother's room (she no longer lived there) and the door to the bedroom was shut and about 3 a.m. I was woken up to feeling as if something was staring at me.  I opened my eyes and floating right above the dresser was a small white figure - it FREAKED me out so much that I immediately jumped up and turned my light on, opened the bedroom door, then turned the lamp in the bedroom on and TRIED to go back to sleep - needless to say, it was a very long night in which I never was able to go back to sleep.

So... what about you?  Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?  If so, have you ever had any personal experiences?  One of my favorite shows in the world to watch is TAPS (aka Ghost Hunters) it comes on Wednesday nights on the Sci-Fi channel at 9 p.m. EST.  It's really neat and the guys are so real in their investigations.  Check it out!  Are you doing anything special tomorrow for Halloween? Are you going to a party or staying home to pass out candy? I, personally, will be staying home to pass out candy - however, I WISH I had an adult only party to go to - *sigh*  Maybe next year! :o)


I can't wait to see all of your pictures from the weekend! Have fun!

Hugs, Trac~:o)

11 comments:

  1. Spooky stuff! I've never encountered a ghost, and I hope I never do! Not sure how much I believe, but there seems to be a lot of unexplained stuff out there in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky! I believe in spirits, but hopefully they keep their distance, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MOST DEFINITELY believe in ghosts and spirits!!! I've had a few "occurences" in my life also.....Hmm....I believe you have inspired me for today's post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the ghost stories.. What a great idea.. Happy Halloween!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for getting me in the mood! (and happy late Anniversary!)
    Have a good weekend Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. havent you ever seen a steven king film....NEVER EVER stay on an indian burriel ground...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww scary

    happy holloween

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stories sister! The funny thing is now my x-husband and his new wife live there! Maybe the ghost will take them away! LOL! But only when my daughters aren't there!!
    Your Biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thanks for getting us into the spirit of the season (pun intended). No, can't say that I've ever had anything happen to me or anyone that I know.

    But I loved reading about these kinds of stories growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky! I believe in spirits. Thanks for getting me into the spirit of the season, and thank you also for passing by my blog.
    Please come back soon!!!
    Happy Halloween!

    P.S. You got another follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you all of the things that have gone on here. I can't really get into detail about the house I am living in, but it is a historic property that was built in the 1800s. It has been in my family for over 30 years as it was owned by my Grandmother and then my mother and now myself. Ours is friendly though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends