Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Sorry for the double post today, but Jennifer at Not Just Another Jennifer http://notjustanotherjennifer.blogspot.com/ has given me this wonderful Kreativ Blogger Award and I have to thank her. Thank you Jennifer! :o)  Go check her out - she has a great blog! All I can say is that I don't think I am creative or award worthy yet - I am just starting out - but....WOW  it was SO nice of Jennifer to give me this award so here it goes....



Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person you gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you. (have to admit I don't know HOW to do this)
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

My Seven Things are:

1.  Most people would be surprised to know that I am quite the bowler.  I have the bowling genes in my blood - I grew up in the bowling alley each week watching my grandfather, mom and uncle bowl and I L.O.V.E.D every minute of it! I loved the smells, the sounds, the tv in the background playing the different football games - it was a natural part of my childhood that I grew up with and wouldn't trade for the world.  Both my grandfather and uncle are now gone and I am very far from home away from my mommy so I no longer have the opportunity to bowl with any of them anymore. :o(((

2.  I am an electronic technology geek - I love every new thing that comes out and want one (though I can't afford to run out and get one of everything that I want).  Case in point.... my cell phone and IPOD....I was always buying (through Ebay) a different cellphone every few months until I finally found one that I love and couldn't live without - and it's one that I never dreamed I'd even like much less want.... it is the Blackberry Curve and I L.O.V.E. everything about it!  My contract is almost up (yes, 2 years later I still have it - much to my husband's happiness) and can't wait to get an upgrade with the newest Blackberry out there - whether it's a Curve or not.  My IPOD is an IPOD touch and I love it as well.  However, I only got that due to receiving Christmas money from my boss which I put towards it last year and it has been one of the best gadgest I've ever purchased.  It keeps me company every night on the long bus ride home during my commute from work.  It has my music, movies and tv shows on it that help the time pass by quickly.  Although, I must admit, the tv shows are really what I'm addicted to and don't really keep the music on it much anymore.

3.   The Fall is ABSOLUTELY my MOST favorite season of the year and I am not joking!  I am an addict for Fall and wish I could live somewhere that the season was Fall year round.  I love the changing of the leaves, the cooler (but not cold) temperatures, and just the smells and feel of Fall.

4.   Other than a button, I can NOT sew..... period!  But I plan to buy a sewing machine for Christmas this year and teach myself.

5.   I love to cook and bake - especially during the holidays.  I am a baking machine when the holidays roll around and really enjoy giving the baked goods away to friends, neighbors and co-workers.

6.   My dream job has always been to be a SAHM.  But now that my kids are almost 16 yo that dream will not be a reality while they are still in high school.  However, I guess my new dream is to be a Housewife once they are out of the house and away at college.  Hopefully, our bills will be paid down far enough that the dream will become reality when that time rolls around. 

7.    I am terrified apprehensive to fly and not just since 9-11 - I've always been afraid to fly.  When my daughter was a baby my dad and I flew to Chicago to see my sister graduate from college and we took a night flight (it was only a 2.5 hour flight).  I had told my dad ahead of time how scared I was to fly but I don't think he knew just how bad it really was.  Anyway, I had a beer before we boarded and then another one or two on the plane.  Then we hit TURBULANCE that included LIGHTNING and STORMS........... and I went into hysterics to the point I was crying and sobbing so hard that I had my dad, stewards, other passengers and even the pilots worried about me.  Needless to say, it was quite a few years (ummm... 5 or 6 to be exact) before I ever flew again.  Now, I am a almost a seasoned pro.
Okay, and now, I must pass on this fabulous award to seven more of you!  So... without further adieu......here are my 7 award recipients in no particular order:

1.   Laura at http://adozeneggs.com/wordpress/
2.   The Supah at http://www.supahmommy.blogspot.com/
3.   Summer at http://bisforbrown.blogspot.com/
4.   Jenn at http://justinandjennsieb.blogspot.com/
5.   Megan at http://www.inthiswonderfullife.com/
6.   Alicia at http://houseofcline.blogspot.com/
7.   Meg at http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/

Thanks for stopping by to see my award!  Until we meet again....

Lots of love,
Trac~ :o)

5 comments:

  1. why thank you for the supah award!

    I"ll have you know....
    I was duckpin bowler CHAMPION in fifth grade.


    You're scared now huh?
    How's that King pin??

    ya yah yah take that!

    and flying.. you have to read my post on flying... we are KIN .
    http://supahmommy.blogspot.com/2009/08/guide-to-flying-friendly-skies-with.html

    THX AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks soooo much!! and i can't believe that you're a bowler! that's so cool!! i'm a horrid bowler...seriously bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!!

    I wish I could bowl. I suck. But I love bowling so I'd totally go with you! Plus, I love the bowling food. I'd always order cheese fries when I was at the bowling alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award. I read your profile, it sounds so much like me. I only have one teenage boy but two younger children too. I LOVE fall too. I love the colors Black and Red, which coincidently are my college colors. I liked National Treasure. You Got Mail was the first movie my husband and I went to on a date...we actually got to know each other long distance via email. We did meet on a blind date before we started a long distance email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award.. and cant believe I didn't mention it but I LOVS my blackberry. I had a curve but now have a Bold..been coveting it since it first came out..love it.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends