Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Cocktail Recipe Ideas

Happy Thursday, my peeps!  In the interest of keeping with a Halloween Theme - here is a drink recipe that looks and sounds delicious!

Ingredients:

8 oz. Freshly squeezed juice from a blood orange
1 (750 mL) bottle of Champagne
2 oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec

Instructions:

1. Fill a Champagne flute partway with blood orange juice.
2. Top with Champagne. Garnish with a blood orange slice and serve immediately

Obviously, this can be made in both the alcoholic version or non-alcoholic version.  In place of the Champagne - you can always use the sparkling apple cider or something of that nature for the kiddos.  Enjoy!

Here is a recipe that is neat looking for those Bloodshot eyeballs to add to any drink:

Ingredients (Eyeball x1):

1 radish
1 pimento stuffed green olive

Instructions:

1. First, peel the radish, leaving thin streaks of red skin for veins/blood vessels.
2. With the pointed tip of a vegetable peeler or with a small paring knife, scrape out an olive-sized hole in each radish.
3. Stuff an olive into each hole, pimento-stuffing-side out.
4. Pop each olive-stuffed radish into an ice cube tray (you may have to trim some of your radishes), and cover with water.
5. Freeze solid.
6. Alternately, just pop cold, prepared "eyeballs" into your favorite martini recipe-- no freezing needed.


Hope you have a great day!  We are on the downhill side of the week - YAY! 

Big hugs,
Trac~ :o)

9 comments:

  1. At first I was like ohhhhhhhh very nice then I was like ewwwwwwwwwwwww that's just nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so serving this at my holloween party....cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These are great ideas. The kind I like. Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM...those eyeballs look CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The drink sounds delicious, not so sure about the eyeballs.. I'm a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might make that just for the eyeballs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome! I love them - soooo creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks so crazy! It might freak me out to drink that, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends