Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful week.  Our week has been quite busy to say the least, but we are on the downhill slope now, and looking forward to the weekend.  Well.... I was going to post about our black tie dinner we attended last Friday night along with the pictures, but for some darn reason, Snapfish picks THIS particular time to NOT be working - UGH! 

So... since today is the first day of October, I will go with something FALLISH (is that a real word) instead! :o)  Fall is my most FAVORITE time of year - it has the PERFECT color combination and nice cool, crisp temperatures.

One thing since living in the Northeast that we've done the last two years is take a trip to the Salem Witch Festival in Salem, Massachusetts and had a blast!  Here are some pictures from the festival last year:



On the floor Inside the Salem Witch Museum

Forgot the name of this lady who was accused of being a witch but really wasn't

At the trial

In the streets of the Salem Witch Festival - a LOT of people dress up as witches during this time

A LIVING manequin in the mall area - she is FREAKY and gets freakier every year!

Outside the Mall area that includes the Psychic Fair

An Old Cemetery beside the Church next to the mall

My son L.O.V.E.S Old Cemeteries as much as I do!

These are my in-laws with 3 of their grandchildren - my little niece A., my daughter and my son

Our little nephew J.

My sister-in-law C and her daughter, A

The GIANT pumpkin - it weighed over a 1/2 a ton - 1,112 lbs.

The Ugly Witch with Warts (the one in the middle, not the one on the right) HA!

The "ORIGINAL" Good Witch - Samantha and the kids

Man, there are SO MANY times I WISH I could do this to my husband and kids! LOL


Well, that's the end of the tour, today - I hope you've enjoyed it and if you ever get a chance to visit Massachusetts, please make sure and take the time to stop by the Salem Witch Festival - you will NOT be disappointed!  But... a word of advice.... get there EARLY!  They open at 10:00 a.m. and by 1:00 p.m. when we are usually heading out, that's when the crowd is REALLY coming in and the traffic is HORRIBLE!

Have a great Thursday and Happy Fall Y'all!

Big Hugs, Trac~ :o)

6 comments:

  1. How cool! I would LOVE to go to that festival. I've been interested in the Salem Witch Trials for awhile now.

    And I also love old cementaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! That's something my whole family would love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, visiting from SITS. What a cool looking festival... that witch is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts never show up in my reader but i am clearly a follower. grrrr!

    ok. this festival scares me, but you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! This looks soooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and her friend used to make me and her daughter dress up and they dragged us all over Salem on Halloween night.
    I didn't like it. I think I was traumatized by the whole thing.
    Maybe someday I'll be able to go back there. Your pictures look cool though.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends