Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2 of our New Year's Trip

Happy Tuesday, my peeps!  How the heck are ya?! :o)  How was your Monday?  Good, I hope!  My Monday was good since I was still on vacation - I was able to get a lot done, which was nice for a change! This isn't going to be my typical Tuesday post it since I have more pictures to show you and tell you more about our mini-vacation.  Now, I have to finish up the laundry, walk on the treadmill, shower, cook dinner and get ready for the work week ahead.  Sooo... it's Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work I go - vacations never last long enough - the time just flies by and then it's back to work before we know it.  YUCK!  Oh well... on a much happier note - here is how we spent New Year's Day: 

First, we drove around the City of Wilmington, VT to check out the sights and see what hotels might have vacancies - we did this for about an hour or so before we found the Holiday Inn Express - which was 30 miles away back in Brattleboro, VT as no one in Wilmington, which is close to the ski resort had any availability at the time.

This is an old cemetery on the way to Vermont somewhere between Maine and Vermont: (Did I ever mention how much I L.O.V.E. old cemeteries?!)

This is the main road on the way to the ski resort:

This is a neat looking church that is actually an art museum in the middle of downtown Wilmington VT:

This is a ski shop that sells hats, skis, etc. in downtown Wilmington:

This is one of my favorite views - it's in the middle of downtown Wilmington, VT and is so pretty all year round:

After we spent the afternoon walking around town and hanging out - we decided to head to dinner.  We were told that this place had awesome BBQ and was REAL Memphis BBQ - BUT these people were SADLY mistaken and had NO clue what REAL Memphis BBQ even is!   The food was okay but definitely not what we were expecting that's for sure:

While we were waiting for our food (which took a good 45 minutes to an hour for no apparent reason) the kids and Steven decided to play a few games of pool:


There was even an Elvis sighting:

And one of the waitresses was raised in Eureka Springs, Arkansas and had a painting on the wall that her mother, who is a local Artist in Eureka Springs, had painted:

After our sad BBQ dinner, we headed back to the hotel for the night to get some rest before leaving VT and heading to the Yankee Candle Factory in South Deerfield, MA.  Here are a couple of pictures from our room before we actually had gotten all unloaded.  It was a VERY NICE Holiday Inn Express with a free hot and cold continental breakfast and swimming pool and hot tub - though the hot tub was out of commission at the time - and it was bad timing since we really needed the hot tub after a long day of skiing.  We stayed here for 2 nights - these were the only pictures I was able to get of the inside of our hotel and room:



Well, that concludes our tour of day 2 - I hope you are enjoying the photos and will be back to check out the 3rd and final day of our trip.  Have a great Tuesday, my peeps!  Can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs - I'm not trying to be a bad bloggy friend, but I just have not had the chance to get caught up with all of yours yet - but I promise I will do so soon so please don't leave me and think I deserted you - I promise that is NOT the case!

Lots of love and kisses,
Trac~ :o)


8 comments:

  1. Vermont is beautiful, even though I live in Mass and grew up in NH I have only been to vermont a couple of times. I need to change that. Thanks for sharing your vacation pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a fabulous trip. I love Vermont, but have only visited once. Would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I bet that BBQ place was delish! And the little church/museum is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so awesome...truly a beautiful trip, u are a lucky girl;)

    blog love

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a seriously fun vacation! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had such a fun trip!! Happy New Year to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More beautiful pictures. I understand having in your mind what kind of BBQ you are expecting and not getting it.

    I've traveled all over the U.S. and I enjoy all kinds of BBQ, but when I think of a certain kind, that's the kind I want. (P.S. I NEVER want to eat South Carolina BBQ again...yuck.)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends