Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy 101 Award

Happy Sunday my friends! I hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend and having a very relaxing day.  We've had a very nice weekend and haven't done a lot really, which was even better. :o)  Friday night we just hung out, ate dinner and watched tv.  My daughter went to babysit and my son just hung out in his bedroom playing music all night.  On Saturday, we had a lot of errands to run and things to do.  On Saturday morning, I met my girlfriend, Kathy, at Michaels and we bought some fun things to make Valentine's wreaths with.  Then we got together with our girls about 7 p.m. that night and made the wreaths.  It was so nice just hanging out and having a glass or two of wine and making crafts.  I totally forgot to take any pictures of that night, but I did take pictures of the wreaths me and my daughter made and I will post those pictures in tomorrow's post.  Her wreath turned out so much better than mine and I was so glad she had a great time hanging with mom.

Now.... on to today's award post.  Megan over at In this Wonderful Life awarded everyone who wanted to play along, this award, so I decided to snag it (also it gave me a great post for today too - LOL).  Be sure to check out Megan's blog if you've never been there before - she is an absoloute doll who is going to be a new mommy in a few months! :o)



Here are the rules:


List 10 things that make you happy.  Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.  Make sure to link back to the person that awarded you!


1. First and foremost - God - About 12 years ago I converted from the Baptist Faith to the Catholic faith as my husband's entire family are cradle born Catholics and we are raising our children in the Catholic faith.  In our eyes, God is the one who brought our family together 13 years ago and has blessed us in so many ways that without him we would never be where we are today. 

2. My husband - He is such a wonderful loving and patient husband who puts up with all of my
flaws and loves me despite it all.  He is also a wonderful father to our two teenage children and will be a terrific grandfather many years from now.  He has always put our family first above and beyond anything else and tries so hard to always do right by me and the kids.  He is a great teacher to his children and a wonderful boss to his employees who adore him and his work ethic.


3. My two beautiful children - Even though they are teenagers now (16 and almost 17) and drive us absolutely NUTS sometimes (as all kids will) they are the best thing that has ever happened to me.  My son was not made in my tummy but in my heart and he stole it from day one when he was 3 years of age when his dad and I got together.  I could never imagine not having my two kids in my life.  They really round me out and make me a better person.

4. Family - I really really miss all of my family as they live 21 hours away from us and we do good to get to see them once or twice a year due to having been relocated almost 6 years ago. 

5. My friends - they are the best friends a girl could ever ask for - they also live 21 hours away from me and I miss them something terrible.  However, I have made a great new friend here in NJ that lives in my neighborhood and she and I have so much in common that we could really be sisters and we have a wonderful time together and I just adore her. :o)

6.  My Job in NYC - I love my job in NYC but hate the commute back and forth.  However, I feel very blessed to have a job in these hard economic times as I know a lot of others are without jobs and really struggling.  I also have 4 wonderful bosses who are really awesome to me and treat me fantastic and I just couldn't ask for any better place to work.


7.  Traveling - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel anywhere and anytime.  I only hope that when we retire we are able to travel a lot as that is something my husband and I both really enjoy and enjoy doing together alone and with our kids.  We take 2-3 vacations a year and one of those is always alone without our kids.


8.  Cooking - I really enjoy cooking A.LOT.  Especially during the holidays!

9.  House decorating - this is one of my most favorite things ever and I always feel so good when I have finished painting a room and the formation it takes over and how much nicer it makes our house look.

10.  Sports - I am one of those girls who happen to LOVE and truly enjoy sports of all kinds.  Chicago Cubs baseball and Arkansas Razorback football are my two most favorites.  My husband felt very lucky when he got me because he got a girl with such a love of sports. :o)

Well, that's more about me - some things you knew and others you may not have.  Now, like Megan, I am tagging everyone of you that may want to play along! Please let me know when and if you post it so that I can come read and learn more about you too!
Have a wonderful and blessed rest of the day!

*Updated to add that I received this award also from Mae Rae at In and Out of the Bubble on January 16th and learned about it yesterday* - Thank you, Mae Rae - it wasn't all your fault - I wasn't able to read anyone's blogs for a few days during that time or I would have caught this back then too* LOL


Lots of love and kisses,
Trac- :o)

5 comments:

  1. Well, dear Tracy have a wonderful week ahead! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats my friend, have a wonderful weekend;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ban myself from Michael's. I love crafts, but don't make myself sit down and do them now that I've discovered blogging. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trac~utterly emabarassed can't say enough. I forgot to post on peoples blogs a few weeks back and you were given this award officially, on 1/16/10. don't hate me.

    http://inandoutofthebubble.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-am-overjoyed-and-utterly-embac.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want to come cook for me since you love it? ;) I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends