Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3 and 4 of our Mini Vacation

Happy Hump Day!  Day 3 was the day we headed to Mt. Snow for a fun filled day of snow skiing.  However, this is a picture of the outside of our hotel when we were leaving on Saturday morning heading to the slopes.   We had gotten quite a bit of snow over night and it was still coming down.  Maine had actually gotten 17 inches of snow the day we left there heading to Vermont. Had we stayed another night there, we may have been stuck there for a while longer due to all of the snow that accumulated. 

I didn't get any pictures of us snow skiing or anything due to the continuing snowfall and very HIGH and SWIFT winds that we had to deal with all.day.long.  The wind was brutal and made skiing very very difficult.  It was one of the toughest days we have ever had skiing and we only lasted about 5 hours total instead of the full 8 that we normally go for.  We had a great time overall, but were all so tired and worn out and ready to get out of our ski boots and back into our warm Uggs and drink some hot chocolate and hot apple cider on the way out of town.  After we got back to the hotel for the evening, we ordered dinner and laid around waiting for the Razorback/Pirates Liberty Bowl game to begin.  All I can say is - WHEW - they pulled it out but it was a close one that went into overtime and truth be known, one they did NOT deserve to win at all - but whatever - a win is a win and we'll take it! HA!

On our final day of our mini-vacation, we left VT early morning and headed to Mass to seek out the Yankee Candle Factory.  We had been there twice before and loved it so we decided to go there again to check it out and see if they were having any great deals on their candles. 

Outside of the Yankee Candle Factory from the street view:

Inside photos of Yankee Candle:

It began with Crayons and Wax - if you don't know how Yankee Candle was founded and got started - please check it out - it is a very heartwarming and touching story.  This is the guy who started it all - and it all was due to him wanting to make money to buy his mom a gift - awwwwww.....

Walls and walls of yummy smelling scents:

Different rooms throughout the factory:

I loved this little fairy ornament - it says:  "sometimes all she wants to do is eat cake" - I thought it fitting - especially since it was chocolate and she is a girl - duh - chocolate is what we girls live for - right ladies?! :o)

Santa's Workshop with Mrs. Clause sitting inside (yes, she was a real person)

Letters to Santa:

I thought this one was very very cute:

This one broke my heart and made me cry - if you can't read it, it says: "Dear Santa" All I want for Christmas is to be loved. Cecil. P.S.  I want a family that loves me.

Nutcracker:

My handsome son and one of the knights


More rooms inside the candle factory - it is not just a store with nothing but candles, as you can see:

I LOVED all of these sparkly pinecone ornaments:

This was snow coming down inside the Christmas tree area:

Alliye and her boyfriend F:


I thought this was really cool also - the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz:

Signs to lead you down the right paths - this place is literally a MAZE!



Outside of the stores as we were leaving:


Well, that concludes the pictures from our mini-vacation.  Thanks for stopping by to say hello and check it out.  Hope you are all having a wonderful and blessed week!

Lots of love and kisses,
Trac~ ;o)

9 comments:

  1. So fun!!!! I would love to check out the Yankee Candle Factory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my idea of heaven, how lucky are you? Thanks for all these photos, I hope the Tourist board is paying you as you certainly have me wanting to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow......so much fun, Im affraid I would have never wanted to come home;)

    peace friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great and the pictures so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is the Yankee Candle Co building! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i choked at the letter to santa. i want to find cecil and take him/her in. that was very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun vacation. Love the Yankee Candle factory. And that letter from Cecil tugged at my heart. Thanks for dropping by my site and leaving a comment. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What great pictures. The note about just wanting to be loved broke my heart. I'm lifting a prayer for that person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I would just DIE to be able to go to the Yankee Candle store! My favorite candle ever is their Pumpkin Pie candle.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends