Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday my peeps! How are you? How was your weekend?  Did you do anything special? We had a nice, relaxing weekend but didn't do much of anything.  On Friday night I had to take a Valium before bed because I had a dental appointment on Saturday morning at 8 a.m. to get a filling.  Remember me telling you last week that I am terrified of dentists AND needles?  Well, any time I get in a dental chair, I immediately break down crying knowing that a needle is coming.  Needless to say, the Valium put me to sleep around 8:30 that night - I could barely hold my eyes open.  On Saturday morning, I had to get up at 6:45 and take another Valium by 7:00 that morning as my appt. was an hour later.  This time I finally got smart though and took my IPOD so that I could try and drown out the drilling sounds.  So.... I laid in the dentist chair, nice and relaxed along with sleeping on and off and listening to music until it was over.  It was probably one of the easiest dental visits I've ever had.  At the end of February I have to go back for a teeth cleaning and will have to repeat the process again with the Valium.  It's a real shame being 41 years old and being such a BIG baby, isn't it?! LOL

After I got home on Saturday morning, I slept until about 2 or 2:30 that afternoon and then got up and hung out with the family.  We went and got some movies and groceries and came back and relaxed for the rest of the evening.  Then yesterday, we just hung out, did some chores around the house and laid around relaxing again for most of the day.  Also, continuing with my workout routine, I did a lot of walking on my treadmill and healthy eating too.  As of this morning, I have officially lost 4 lbs. total in a week.  YAY ME! HA!

Today at the office we officially begin our Lose it to Win contest that we have every year.  This will be my 3rd year of participating.   We all put in $20 each and weigh in with the main person and our stats are kept confidential. (not that I care obviously, since I am sharing my journey with each of you here in the bloggy world)  In order to win, we have to lose 5% of our current body weight within 6 or 8 weeks (I don't remember how many weeks it lasts).  Whoever loses the 5% of their body weight wins the pot at the end of the time and depending on how many people win then we all split the pot.  The first year I won $60.00 but didn't win the 2nd year - as it was a really tough year.  So as you can see, I am very serious about my weight loss and want to lose these 35 lbs I have put on the last 2 years that are making me miserable.

On another note - not weight related - last night started the season premiere of CHUCK - does anyone watch this show?  It is one of mine and my husband's favorite shows. Here is a picture from this Season's show:



And he's also the guy whose picture I took at Rockefeller Center the day of the tree lighting service:

He is a HOTTIE for sure - but he's just a baby - he's only 30 years old! :o)  Anyway, that's how our weekend was - what did you do?  Anything new, fun, exciting happen during your weekend? 

Sorry for the rambling - I hope that each of you have a wonderful and blessed day my lovely friends!

Lots of love and kisses,
Trac- :o)


6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your weight loss!! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 4lbs....off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh the dentist, you have my sympathy. Funny that so many seem to have an inbuilt fear of these. I hope all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm... 30? That's about my age. Next time you run into him, slip him my name and number, will you??!??

    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck on the weight loss, you cn do it friend;)

    I love chuck;)

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good weekend to me(minus the dentist). Good luck with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends