Monday, January 4, 2010

We're Home - Day 1 of our Trip

Hello there my friends!  Happy 2010! I hope that all of you had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve and New Year's weekend.  We are finally back from our trip to the far Northeast and it felt SO good to get home and in our own beds!  We had such a great time but are worn out from all of the traveling along with the quick trip out of town.  We took my daughter's boyfriend with us on the trip and he had a wonderful time as well.  Because I have so many pictures to share, I am going to do a different post each day with pictures from that day instead of here all at once - I dont want to burn you out on the photos. 

Day 1, Thursday, New Year's Eve, began with us leaving home by 6:30 in the morning and making our way to Freeport, Maine.  Since it is a 6 hour drive from our house here in NJ, we made several stops along the way for food, stretching our legs, etc. 

Our first stop was once we reached New Hampshire where we stopped at the Visitors Center.  They really didn't have anything neat in there to speak of but we were able to get a few cute pictures at least.  The fire was very nice and warm and made for a great backdrop:

We have a built in DVD player in our Explorer so we were able to be entertained by watching movies and such to pass the time.  Our next stop was the Visitor's Center in Maine.  It had some cute decorations but the kids really loved the Fisherman and Lobster:

Then it was time to head to Freeport, Maine where we got a hotel for the night at the Comfort Inn Suites.  As soon as we got there and checked into our room and unloaded the truck, we all put on our heavy coats and hats, etc., and headed out to LL Bean for the fireworks, hot cocoa and some shopping:

After all the fun we had, we then headed out to find some dinner - however, the place we wanted to go to was shut down for the next hour or so as apparently the entire town shut down for the LL Bean concert and fireworks show.  We were really tired, so we stopped by the liquor store, grabbed some beer and champagne and headed back to the room and decided to order pizza from Dominos - BIG mistake.  It took them over 2 hours to deliver to our room and we had ordered it very early to say the least.  Anyway, neither Steven nor myself were able to stay up the entire time for New Year's Eve to see the ball drop - so we slept off and on throughout the night while the kids stayed up playing cards and watching tv and hanging out.  We did manage to wake up about 5 minutes to midnight and was able to see the ball drop after all and get a New Year's kiss right at the stroke of midnight.  But, we never did drink that Champagne - guess we will save it for another time.

Well that is the end of day 1 of our quick weekend trip.  I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs.  We actually took the day off today and are home relaxing together while the kiddos are back in school - ahhh... enjoying the nice sounds of *peace and quiet*.  :o)

Have a great day my lovies!

Lots of love and kisses,
Trac~ :o)


  1. sounds like a wonderful time ... pics are great, glad you made it home safe my friend;)

  2. Looks like yall had a wonderful time. Your pics made me cold!!

  3. You captured some beautiful moments with your camera. You're brave to hit the road this far north. I'm on the East Coast too but in Canada. I've been to Maine many a time, mostly to shop Lol!

  4. I have been in that visitors center. With the weather the way it has been lately, I can't beleive that they didn't have the fire going. Can't wait to see the other pics.

  5. What good looking faces your are all. You have a lovely family. Best wishes and hugs from Cyprus. Philip


Sweet Love From My Friends