Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of Back to School - WOOT WOOT!!

Can you hear the angels singing and see me dancing in the street?!  It is back to school day for my little (okay big) hoodlums - YAY!!!  Now, don't get me wrong - I completely think that it's insane to send kids back to school just 2 days before Labor Day and to go to school 2 days only to be out of school for another 3 days before going back again and then having another short week before starting full time - it's crazy, right - nooo... just me??? *crickets chirping*

Okay... moving on then.... I had hoped to have some first day of school pictures for you today but then I realized I won't have a chance to take pictures of them and get them posted before we all leave for the day - so instead I will post them tomorrow for you to see.  :o)

Instead, today I am going to play along in the "Thank you very much" blog carnival with Kmama at the Daily Dribbles.  So feel free to join in if you'd like.  What? You don't know what it is?  Well then... you can go here and check it out for yourself - Kmama gives excellent instructions on how you too can play along:


It's Free Therapy Day!! That's right, it's Thursday, which means it's the Thank You Very Much day. The way it works is that you take out all your frustrations on people/things that peeved you off during the week and thank them in a very sarcastic way, for being who or what they are/doing what they did.


Sooo...on with the fun...shall we?!

1.  To the school district for starting school 2 days before Labor Day - Thank you very much

2.  To the school district for allowing me to change my kid's bus stop to a safer stop - Thank you very much

3.  To my kids for going to bed on time last night in order to get a good night's rest for your first day of school - Thank you very much

4.  To the 2 Advil that I took before bed last night due to my legs bothering me - and for giving me wild, weird and scary dreams all  night (I was bitten by a snake on my butt cheeks in one of those dreams) - Thank you very much

5.  To the coffee for being ready this morning when I so desperately needed you - Thank you very much

6.  To my doctor's office for having my stuff ready and prepared for my Orthopaedic visit tomorrow - Thank you very much

7.  To today for being my Friday despite having to go to the doctor tomorrow - Thank you very much

8.  To all of you, my friends, for hanging out with me and my randomness and for your sweet, sweet comments - Thank you very much

9.  To my two kiddos for growing up on me way too fast and making me sad that you're almost adults and will fly the nest before long - Thank you very much

10.  To the 2 business places who called my daughter yesterday and both gave her a job on the same day within 30 minutes of each other - where now she has the opportunity to choose which one to take - Thank you very much

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to say hello my sweets!  Be sure to check out my babies back to school photos tomorrow! :o)



Lots of love and hugs,

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the sending kids to school just a couple days before Labor Day. That's why Michigan made it a state law that all schools have to start the day after Labor Day. We start late and therefore, get out late, but it makes more sense than going for just a couple days only to get a vacation.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is silly to start school today. My kids started last week, but just when they get back into school mode, they have the 3 day weekend.

    I hope things went smoothly this morning. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started the 23 of August. My oldest has had two weeks so far. So this holiday works for us. He also gets done before Memorial day next year. So it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We start next week. We home school so I am never alone. ;-p

    P.S. I love how the chest turned out, it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry, I can't stop laughing at that crazy dream! I would have been terrified!

    Glad everything else is going so well for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek! Almost all of my scary dreams revolve around getting chased or bitten by a snake, but the crazy dreams intensify for me with Benadryl, not Advil. Hope you have better ones tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do grow up crazy fast don't they! My *baby* is 20 now but it seems just yesterday he was a little guy in overalls and blue glasses! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends