Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Recap - Labor Day

Happy Tuesday lovies!  Hope you had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.  We had a nice weekend but man, was I busy!  I am so tired that I need to go back to work just to get some rest! HA!  On Friday, I spent the first part of the day going to pick up my x-ray to take it to my Orthopaedic Surgeon's doctor visit.   Then while waiting for the time to go to the dr., I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon shopping at places like Michaels, etc. and had a lot of fun.  It was so nice to have some wonderful quiet "me" time for a change with no kids hanging at my feet saying they were bored and ready to go home - ahhhh..... peace and quiet! :o)

Anyway, then I headed to the doctor to see what he had to say about my knee.  Unfortunately, it was not good news.  He said it appears just from the exam that I do indeed have a torn meniscus but that the tear is on both sides of my knee.  He is sending me to get an MRI on Wednesday night to get the actual picture of my knee to see what we are looking at.  If the MRI does show a tear then he will go in and do a quick 20 minute operation to clean it out.  I will keep you updated once I know the results.

On Saturday we started the day off with my daughter having an interview at our movie theatre.  Afterwards, we went to the mall for some retail therapy and she wanted her hair dyed back to her natural color but a little darker, but everyone wanted $75 to $110 just to color it and I told them NO WAY - that was WAY too much!  So, I did what any other mommy on a budget would do - I went and bought a color treatment at Target and colored her hair myself! HA!  It cost me all of $8 and it turned out great!  Take a look for yourself:

Before:

After:

Much better - don't ya think?! :o)  She looks so much better with her natural color (though it is darker than her normal color and darker than I really wanted it to be)  She loves it though and that was well worth the $8.  I had never colored hair before and was terrified to do it for the first time - but it was SO easy that I couldn't believe it. 

Later that day she received some wonderful news.  The movie theater called and offered her a position with them.  She was SO excited and is still excited.  This is her first REAL job ever.  She starts her training this week and then will work only on weekends and holidays.  I will take pictures of her when she is in her new uniform for you to all see.  The one thing about her uniform that she is really excited about is, of all things, the name tag - HA!  I have no clue why - but she can't wait to wear her own name badge!  The good news is that whenever she is working, me, my husband and our son can go watch movies for FREE! WOO HOO!!  We are such huge movie buffs and spend so much money on movies that it's ridiculous! So imagine our excitement when we learned that good news! :o)  Saturday night after the hubby and son got home from working in CT again, we decided to rent the Razorback/Tennessee Tech game on Pay Per View so we could watch our home boys play and what a game it was - we kicked some MAJOR butt!  It was a heck of a game and a way to start off the year.  Of course, the 3rd and 4th games are going to be the really tough ones so we'll see how good our boys are on those days.  Either way though we support our Hogs! ;o)

The rest of the weekend was spent working around the house, cleaning out closets, organizing my office and getting donations ready to take and drop off.  Then I was able to take time and spray paint the remainder of my yard sale finds from weeks ago.  Also, while I was at it, I went ahead and put away my summer decorations and began decorating for Fall - it was BEAUTIFUL here this weekend and we had a high of only 65 on Sunday - it was GLORIOUS weather and so perfect!  We slept with the patio deck door of our bedroom open the entire weekend and enjoyed the "free" air conditioning.  Too bad that Monday was hot and sunny and back in the 80's.  This week is also going to be hot and sunny. I cannot wait for Fall to finally arrive once and for all and get rid of these hot and humid temps.  ACK!

Anywhooo....here are some of the items I spray painted yesterday.  

Before:
After:
Before:
After:
After (it just got a new paint job - same White color)
Thanks for stopping by to say hello and have a great day my friends!  I will have pictures tomorrow of my fall tablescape so be sure to check back at that time!  I could use some of your advice too as I still have some places that just need "something" more and would love to hear your ideas!

Lots of love and hugs

6 comments:

  1. Ouch - so sorry to hear about the knee, lets hope the MRI does not show up any further problems. I agree, the dark hair suits your daughter much more (in ones humble opinion). Her first real job, how exciting. I can still remember mine though it was far from glamorous. Best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your knee, coming from someone who's had 6 knee surgeries, I feel your pain! If your husband and son were working in CT, y'all might not be that far from us...wouldn't that be a small blogerverse! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the paints!

    How exciting to get a job at the theater! I worked at two different ones so let me know if you need some tips - ha!! :) I did so enjoy those free movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks wonderful.

    have a happy day my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked at a movie theatre and LOVED it!! I think she will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! I hope that your knee is better soon. That is no fun.

    Your daughter's hair looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends