Thursday, September 30, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Dining Room

(Kelly has posted her link early tonight for tomorrow, so I am posting my blog post now instead of waiting until tomorrow morning)

Happy Friday my friends!  I don't know about ya'll but this week has flown by so fast for me but yet, was SO busy at the same time too.  Whew - I am so tired!  And a weird thing happened to me yesterday - I took a different bus to work (and parked at a different bus stop) and so obviously I had to take a different bus home.  Well, everything was fine until I found out that I was on the.wrong.bus last night! ACK! I was about to start panicking to say the least.  Luckily for me there was this very nice man who was sitting next to me who was getting off at the next stop and offered to take me to my car.  Thank goodness for nice people - though, I would never believe I would have gotten in the car with a strange man that I didn't even know!  Thankfully he was a nice man and not a psycho! God was watching over me that's for sure.  And you can bet I won't make that mistake again and will be more careful.

Anyway.... on to the Show Us Where You Live post.  If you'd like to play along please be sure to click over to Kelly's at Kelly's Korner and check her blog out and show us where YOU live! I don't know about you, but I love, love, love looking at other people's home and getting ideas for decorating my own.  :o)


This week is your Dining Room.  So please grab a Latte, cup of coffee, soda or whatever it is you like to drink, put your feet up, and enjoy the tour.  It is currently decorated for Fall but this weekend I will be decorating for Halloween and possibly painting my dining room to match my living room as well.  I hope you enjoy the pictures:  (I took these pictures with the lights out to try and reduce some of the glare that happens when pictures are taken at night with lights on)

This is looking in from the living room: (The Paris picture is going to get the frame painted and put in my daughter's room eventually as we are decorating her room in a Broadway type theme)
Looking inside from the pantry closet: (If you'd like to see my huge walk-in pantry - I did a post on it earlier and you can see it here.  It is one of my favorite rooms in the house!) :o)
Looking in to the other side of the dining room from the living room:
Looking again in from the living room:
Full view from living room:
This is the old chandelier that the previous owners left behind and I don't like it.  It needs some serious updating and I would love to hear any and all suggestions/ideas for updating it, so please feel free to send me your ideas and comments - it would be greatly appreciated! :o)  (P.S.  The globes are a really pretty Amber color and I do really like them but I also know it still needs updated)
Walk-in pantry, wine rack and china cabinet:
Close-up of table decorated for Fall:
Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour and I can't wait to check out all of your dining rooms too!  Now, tell me what is on your weekend agenda?  Anything new and exciting?  I am just hanging out at home and doing things around here along with some decorating, crafting and possibly painting of my dining room, but we'll have to see - I don't know how much energy I'm going to have.  LOL   My beloved Hogs aren't playing this weekend so that is one thing less that I will be doing.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by to say hello and have a great weekend my loves!

Lots of love and hugs,

6 comments:

  1. as always your decorating inspires ;)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure your name isnt Marta Stewert...very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Martha... oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decor - I can tell you and I would get along GREAT in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A way to update the chandelier would be to remove the globes, add shades & hanging crystals. You could also spray paint it too. I love to update current fixtures. It saves money & is a fun project!
    Blessings~
    QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I was thinking if you like the globes, just paint the fixture. Spray paint rocks! Your dining set is pretty. I love the big mirror! Sooo pretty!

    I sure am going to miss my Hogs today!

    I can't believe you got in a car with a stranger. Sure glad he wasn't a psycho!!! EEK!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends