Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Recap & the Newest Member of our Family

Happy Monday my friends!  How are you?  How was your weekend?  Mine was very good but very, very busy, as always.  Friday night after work I came home and did a few things around the house before laying down to relax and watch t.v.  I had to leave the house at 10:30 that night to go get my daughter from work - she didn't get off work until 11:00.  Then we got up early on Saturday morning and I had to be at the DMV at 8 a.m. so that I could check on a title for our Jet Ski as we were selling it and we didn't have the title.  Needless to say, it was a wasted trip because they told me that anything under 12' didn't have a title because they don't title things like that.  After that, I went and picked up my girlfriend and we headed to the Craft Fair that I told you about on Friday.  Here are a few pictures from that morning:
They were selling THESE bottle openers for $25 a pop - I was like - WHAT??!! There is no way I would have paid that kind of money for these - though they were pretty neat looking anyway - the bottles were completely flat and they were glass:
 
Of course, what is a craft fair without all the yummy goodness of delicious Funnel Cakes - even if they were $6 a pop! Good thing I had my friend to share with me! :o)
This was Strawberry Lemonade made with real strawberries - even at $3 a pop it was worth it - it was YUMMY!
 They had hay bales to sit on and rest your behind while you ate:
These were the NICEST Port a potties I have ever seen - they even had hand sanitizer in each of them and surprisingly enough, they didn't even have that " disgusting smell" that they usually have:
Me and my friend, K - enjoying ourselves and relaxing after shopping our way through the fair:
 This is our sad faces because I had to cut our day short:
And THIS is why I had to cut our day short thanks to the hubby - introducing the newest member of our little family:

Sophie:
She is an English Cream Golden Retriever
And we traveled to PA 2.5 hours one way to check her out and get her
Needless to say, she was inside for just a little while yesterday because the hubster is allergic to dog hair so she has to be an outside dog. :o(  This is his Anniversary and Christmas gift this year.  She has been THE best dog we've ever had besides our 2 goldens that we had for 5 years.  She is so well behaved and has an awesome temperment!  She already walks on a leash perfectly, holds her bladder so she doesn' t potty in her kennel or in the house, etc.  Hubby is building her a pen and getting her a dog house this coming week.  She has a kennel and is currently staying in our basement/garage so she isn't outside in the elements with no protection and also so hubby doesn't have to give her up because of his allergies.

After we got home and got our new baby all settled in, me, hubby and son watched our Razorbacks kick some major butt again - though, it was one of those games that you can say that they were lucky to win as many mistakes as they made!  They better get it together though because this weekend we are playing Georgia!  After the game, I had to leave yet again to go get my girl from work (at 11 p.m.) - good thing she only works weekends - I could not do this every night during the week.

Sunday I slept in until a little after 10:00 a.m. - I know - LATE - but I was not feeling well and was extremely tired, sneezing and run down all together.  I think I am coming down with a headcold already but am really hoping that is not the case.  I ran errands and came home and did some cooking.  Be sure and check back tomorrow for some recipes with pictures that I cooked on Sunday afternoon.  One of them involves the Pioneer Woman! :o)

So now that you see how we spent our weekend - tell me......what did you do this weekend? 

Happy Monday my peeps and thanks for stopping by!

Lots of love and hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Your new family member is very cute. WE went to the mountains this weekend and I did laundry, lots of laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks busy and fun, have a happy monday my wonderful friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnel cakes! Yum. I fork over the dough no matter how much those things are.

    And I'm a fan of strawberry lemonade, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I could just eat that puppy UP! Totally adorable, congrats on the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those treats look delicious...but that puppy is SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Love From My Friends